Lyric Comp (Lyric Of The Month) ((LotM))

• 3 Replies

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« on: August 31, 2018, 07:34:58 PM »
Lyric Comp (Lyric Of The Month) ((LotM)) (((The Oscar for "Most Egotistical Wordsmith in the Musical Art Form" goes to...)))

Anyone interested in another lyric competition for September? Let me know if you're interested?

I figured with the following rules (feel free to vent on them)...

1. Only lyrics posted in September can be entered. (this is really a given given that it would be a "song og the MONTH" compo... get my drift?

2. A non-competitor (volunteer or press-ganged - I have ropes, chains, whips and furry handcuffs to "persuade" someone if necessary!) to choose the final entrants for voting on.

3. Entrants in the vote to cast a vote themselves (for other than themselves) to validate their own entry... no votey, no winny prizey!

4. The member who chooses the entries to count the votes and announce the winner (sometime in October).

5. No lower limit on posts. With so few entries last time it's probably detrimental to narrow the field further by nailing a "100 posts minimum" to the cross. If you're present enough to vote you should be present enough to enter,

What do peeps think?

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 09:45:34 PM »
I say - let’s do this!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 12:45:38 PM »
I agree, lyrics take a lot of work to get them right.

I guess it will be more of a poetry competition maybe, since some huge hit songs wouldn't win any lyric competitions. Or am I daft and the competition is only where lyrics are in a finished song....?

Love, love me do, I know I love you....
She loves you yeah yeah yeah....
Turn to Stone, I turn to stone when your coming home I turn to stone
Sharif don't like it, rock the casbah
etc....

But yeah, I'm up for it, because heaven only knows how hard it is to write great lyrics.

Rich
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 03:25:14 PM by cowparsleyman »

Mewmanila

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 09:09:34 AM »
Read and get new knowledge that is very useful. The more you read, the more you know, the more I never knew.