The Lizards of Silicon Valley (Short Song Competition entry)

• 17 Replies

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 01:03:56 AM »
lovely intro mickie
like that guitar sound.. simple but so catchy
gets yah straight out the traps
enjoyed this.. way it moves
good words
power to you
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2018, 12:22:25 AM »
Punk isn't normally my thing, but I really like this track, lyrics and all :) You really stuck to the script and squeezed a lot into exactly 1minute  :o
Great entry and good luck :)

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 06:21:16 PM »
Hi Mickey

I heard the Clash from the word go, and I love the vibe, and the lyrics. The song rumbles along in a very infectious way. I just felt the vocal delivery was a bit polite and self-conscious, if that makes any sense. Like I was expecting you to BELT those words out!

Very well done all the same.
Hi Mickey

I heard the Clash from the word go, and I love the vibe, and the lyrics. The song rumbles along in a very infectious way. I just felt the vocal delivery was a bit polite and self-conscious, if that makes any sense. Like I was expecting you to BELT those words out!

Very well done all the same.

Hi chaps
Punk isn't normally my thing, but I really like this track, lyrics and all :) You really stuck to the script and squeezed a lot into exactly 1minute  :o
Great entry and good luck :)
good old vibe of the era....yeah maybe the vocal could have more oomph but we do what we can, right?

I haven't listened to the version with the outro....but if you chop the intro of this (good to see you got an intro in anyway!) in half you could have half an outro and not have such an abrupt ending...just a thought.

Good wall of sound guitar part....driving but pretty ....like the way it follows the melody.

Hi all thanks for the additional feedback. Ive taken on board the comments about the vocals and ive re recorded it and remixed it. I had to change the key to allow for slightly more oompth in the vocals. I also tidyed up the bass line
I slightly slowed the song down too to allow for more clarity in the vocal delivery.

Latest version here: (This isnt intended to replace the short song entry BTW this is just me evolving the song following feedback)

https://soundcloud.com/mickyplankton/the-lizards-of-silicon-1
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:23:27 PM by mickyplankton »