The Lizards of Silicon Valley (Short song WIP)

• 3 Replies

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« on: August 21, 2018, 06:27:51 PM »
HI All,

This is my WIP for the short song contest. This iteration features no vocals as i am experimenting with the idea presently. Clocking in at 1.12 this is too long and features 6 looping chapters. The final song will be slower with 4 chapters with the target of 15 seconds for each chapter.

Im working on the lyrics and will have to do a lot of practise as theres currently a lot of words to fit in. The song is going to involve a complete story and im working on the edit. The competiton entry may end up sounding very different. In fact im toying with the idea of it being acoustic guitar and vocals. Anyway. this iteration works quite well as a short punky jam hence posting. More to come.....

https://soundcloud.com/mickyplankton/the-lizards-of-silicon

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 10:00:33 PM »
1:12 ! Micky. You sure will get yer ass whipped by the judges (although some might like that) 1 point deducted for each second over 1 minute.  It's a difficult discipline for sure. I really like the way that you're going about it. 4 mini quadruplets  (Is that a real word ?) You're right about squeezing in lyrics. The temptation with a 1 minute songs is to go fast but maybe we will hear some alternative approaches ???

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 09:15:05 PM »
Good solid base Micky,but I only made it as far as the first 60 seconds,those last 12 seconds,man they did my head in.  :P   :D

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 07:39:29 PM »
The guitar is great right off the start. Great buzzsaw tone. But then... the piano comes in and that did it for me. Over the top terrific there! Cannot wait to hear this with some vocals!