New HFA Notice

• 0 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: August 06, 2018, 11:11:45 PM »
So, I got a "Notice of Intention to Obtain a Compulsory License for Making and Distributing Phonorecords" in the mail today from Harry Fox Agency. Says Recording Artist Miau Trio expects to release "Hand Me Down My Walking Cane" and names me as the copyright holder. Spotify was mentioned, so I assume that's where it's being released.

Pretty exciting news. Except I didn't write that song. James A Bland did. In 1880. Maybe they're using my arrangement? Could be, I suppose, though it seems unlikely they would have run across it, since the CD had a very limited distribution, going mainly to friends and family of the artists (me and the rest of my quartet). I don't think I have an artist account with Harry Fox? I'm not sure what that entails. All I've done with them is license songs to record and publish.

The expected date of release is actually already in the past. I found the trio on Facebook and have sent them a message, asking for clarification and, of course, mentioning that I have many other available songs.  ;D

Anyway, that's my excitement for the day. Doesn't top the bear in the yard day before yesterday, but it comes close.  :o :P ;D