Songwriter Forum > Recording

Who's built a studio?

(1/13) > >>

jim morrison:
Just interested, has anyone built a full on studio at home, i'm seriously thinking about doing this down the road sometime. And if you have are there any pitfalls to avoid?

Ramshackles:
What do you mean by a full studio? Pretty loose term...

jim morrison:
Sorry , i mean't a complete studio ,ie sound proofing, multi track mixer, amps etc.

tina m:
well we have a box room we use that we share with my husbands home gym that is great for drying washing on & wet washing seems to make great sound deadening  ;D
we use reaper on the pc which is awesome & if we can manage it anyone can.. to record & mix
& a tiny 4 channell mixer & some good headphones + hubbies old hifi amp & speakers
i sold my amps after having kids...when the kids are asleep believe me you dont want to wake them up... instead i got a got a couple of amp modelers... so evrthing goes straight in the mixer... guitar & bass... & we have 1 mic an old shure mic i inherited from an old band i was in.. so put that on a boom stand with a pop filter & get a load of free plug ins from the internet & some midi drums &thats it... thats all we have! :)

mihkay:
Type "build studio at home" into google.  :o

There are as many way of doing it as there are people. It just depends how much money you have to spend.

Mostly though with emulators or software, everything can go directly into your workstation / recorder..... except vocal. That's the point that I'm at at the moment. I'm trying to figure out a way of building a soundproof vocal booth out of an old wardrobe. I'll let you know how I get on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version