Loin Des Mois

• 21 Replies

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 10:16:24 PM »
What a lovely song @Ramshackles - and I'm a folky at heart so this is right up my street. Loved the piano and the harmonies and when you move into the second section that really works beautifully as a contrast and the lovely movement with that fluid timing puts me in mind sitting and enjoying a really good trad session.. Stand out for me was when the lovely folky harmonies kick in at 1.47 but loved the whole thing.. Big thumbs up from me!

Karen

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »
@pompeyjazz I'm glad I could take you on a journey  :P. I guess you are referring to me posting the development process of the song?
@Featherstone yes! I was not-so-secretly hoping the breakdown would go down well. I figured I couldn't sustain the little ditty any longer.
@cowparsleyman thanks for all your help during the development!

I will have to look up Maddy prior. I am vaguely aware of her and steeleye span but have taken the time to really listen to any of their stuff

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 08:03:55 PM »
Beautiful song.

This is a mini epic.....I love songs with different segments.

Some excellent singing and love the piano playing ....some great arrangements.

A great listen

Sandeep

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 10:29:25 AM »
Ramshackles

I’m so pleased that the guitars were introduced for this song.  They are quite delightful when they arrive.  The piano  vocal is endearing but the variation that the guitars  provide is uplifting and refreshing.  It is a song that takes the listener on a journey.

Paul

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 01:01:00 PM »
I didn't hear any of the development of this, but just on first listen it is lovely.

Pleasing melody that has stayed in my head afterwards. Nice arrangement in which i especially enjoyed the change to focus to guitar, then bringing the piano back in. Really caught my ear and helped sustain my interest.

Lots to love and I loved it  :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 05:56:10 PM »
@pompeyjazz I'm glad I could take you on a journey  :P. I guess you are referring to me posting the development process of the song?
@Featherstone yes! I was not-so-secretly hoping the breakdown would go down well. I figured I couldn't sustain the little ditty any longer.
@cowparsleyman thanks for all your help during the development!

I will have to look up Maddy prior. I am vaguely aware of her and steeleye span but have taken the time to really listen to any of their stuff

My pleasure...
Maddy also did some stuff with Ralph Mc Tell, his track 'Maddy Dances' was about her.

cpm

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2018, 11:03:22 PM »
This is just a really beautiful, well thought out song. The instrumentation is gorgeous as is the ladies voice. She has fab range!! No nits from me, just happy ears!  ;D