konalavadome

Hit the ground running (FIRST EVER MUSIC VIDEO NOW ATTACHED!!!!)

• 27 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2018, 10:32:41 PM »
Top top quality @LostBoy .It's a wonderful song. The only thing that sticks out is your quiff in the first frame. You should be on the radio and TV man  :)

AnitaFox

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 03:16:28 PM »
What a professional set up.  The song sounds great!

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 10:12:45 AM »
Well it's obviously superb, isn't it!
Lovely song, really just sounds radio ready. The piano is great, good call getting a pro in.

Agree with others that the vocals are a touch ambient in places, less double tracking, reverb and harmonies would work better for me (though you execute them all superbly!). I would use them for effect a little more and not by default.

But are subtle matters of taste, it is just great and the real deal. Well done.

Looked like a fun day out at the beach too!  :)

Tom.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2018, 05:37:07 PM »
I think you've achieved the sound you're going for. The video suits the song really well. Looked great and captured the mood of the story. Don't see any room for improvement.

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 11:10:28 AM »
@pompeyjazz haha! Leave my quiff alone!!  ;D ;D I had a whole team that day, just working on my quiff alone!!  ;D Tintins got nothing on me!! Hahah! Thanks John! I appreciate it.

@AnitaFox thanks very much  :D

@tboswell thanks Tom, I’m so pleased u liked it. Means a lot. :D

@redrhodie thanks for giving it another listen mate! I appreciate it. :D

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 06:46:05 PM »
That's a very nice video to accompany a great song. Looks like you should win Video of the Month too. Professional and emotionally controlled performance and a great setting/photography in which to tell your story.

(Mind, you could have worn something smarter for the video, made a bit of an effort, y'know. I don't know, kids these days!  ;D)

Well done, however, seriously - really something to be proud of as a whole package there!

My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2018, 12:57:59 PM »

WOW  ;D ;D ;D

All your work is quality, and of a high standard.  But this one has raised the bar to the top ;D

What are you going to do next  ;D ;D

Don't think the video did the song justice.  You certainly look the part, and the song is as good as,
 if not better than, the stuff I'm hearing on the radio and TV.  I'm a firm believer in 'Cream will always rise
 to the top', and if you keep producing songs like this.  I'm sure opportunities will come  ;D ;D ;D

You're a star Leo  ;D ;D .  A true Lion of the Mountain  ;D ;D .   And when you're rich and famous, I'd
 make an excellent assistant.  I'm very good at carrying guitars ;D ;D

Wish I'd written it ::)......Loved it ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Featherstone

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2018, 03:44:05 PM »
Hi

Lovely song - music videos are so hard to get right, was it a drone at the beginning?

Really minor comment -

The very first line when you start singing seems to have a kind of 'flange' on your first couple of words but then all your vocals are great after that - it's in key and everything it just has a touch of too much effect on like the 2nd word.

Would be nice to maybe have some "booms" in there as well on some of the key bits as the song progresses - maybe a couple of cymbal swells. I would add them after the strings come in.

My comments are only subjective to my opinion, the song is lovely and recorded really well.

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2018, 07:09:19 PM »
@MichaelA Oh that’s very kind of you Michael, but the video, I have to say was just a spontaneous bit of fun really. I’m glad you liked it though. I am happy with it, for what it is, but, If I was signed, or had any kind of budget, I would have liked to have told the story of the song, had flashbacks with the girl, present day stuff, etc... but, it’s hopefully better than a simple “lyric” video with a static picture in the background. Thanks again. ;D

@Binladeda Wow! That was really lovely to hear mate. ;D Feedback like that is what keeps me motivated, so a HUGE thanks!!  ;D haha!! “Lion of the mountain!” My wife had a laugh at that!! She said, “well you do sleep a lot!”  ;D ;D ;D

@Featherstone Thanks so much mate, detailed feedback like that is just what I need, so I really appreciate it.  ;D

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 02:46:33 AM »
Lots to like here - gorgeous vox and melody lines.
Solid lyrics too. Pro quality.  ;D
I wonder if the vox treatment could be more subtle near the start, just to warm us up to the song before the fx kick in, but that's down to taste. Or maybe we don't expect that reverby sound on a beach  ;D ;D

Lovely work all 'round
Paul

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 07:20:24 PM »
Not keen on the song but that's down to personal taste more than anything. Great work with the video, i'd love to be able to do something like this.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2018, 02:46:43 PM »
Bleeding gorgeous song beautifully realised. Superb vocals and a very effective, simple accompaniment. You knocked it out of the park with this. "Sometimes there are no words to speak"....yes indeed.

M

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2018, 08:32:15 AM »
Whato Leo

Really nice song, strong melody etc. sorry I missed it earlier, everything really great, the only thing to my ears is that your Lead Vocal is strong enough not to have the doubling on it, maybe bring it up in the mix in the verses and leave the doubling on the Choruses, it would make the passion your voice stand out more, and give some extra texture to the production.

hope this helps...

cpm