konalavadome

Not named yet... (work in p)

• 6 Replies

Jack_Diamond.

« on: June 29, 2018, 12:17:37 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/user-993922645-442229940/untitled-work-in-prog/s-idScT

Hey guys this a song me and my friends are currently working on. I'd really like to know what you think to the feel of the song, the mix and sounds. Also the tempo change at 1.36.

The section from 2.13 to 2.57 sounds empty at the minute as we have yet to record the vocal part for that section. 

Thanks, jack.

dasntn

• Open Mic
  • Nex't'Nothin - my main gig
    • Nex't'Nothin
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 09:52:09 AM »
Hi Jack

like the tone and feel of your voice - very Snow Patrol! I think the sparse arrangement at the start that slowly builds is excellent - helps project a slightly sad feel.

Didn't really feel that the slowing of the tempo added anything - sorry! Didn't seem to tie in with a lyrical point or a change in the instrumentation.
I like the empty part, and the way the piano drifts in - very atmospheric!

You really have something there!

Dave

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 05:51:25 PM »
I really like how the vocals come in right away - lengthy intros on songs of this tempo do my nut in as I find them unnecessary.
I think the drums (percussion?) is a little too loud and the vocals need to be up in the mix, I struggled at times to hear the words.
Good work I like it.

Veance

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 02:34:01 PM »
I wouldn't change the tempo at 1:41 (I think) because it's out of it's place

Nice bassline at the voiceless part, also I would add a other melody line that brings some more diversity to the song untill 2:10.
If you want people to listen to this more then a few times you would want some change in your vocal melody.

Otherwise , a very nice song.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:39:56 PM by Veance »
nil volentibus arduum

Mella

• Busker
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 04:08:00 PM »
I really liked it! Very cool vibes and the end was nice. I kind of agree with everyone that the tempo change was a little awkward but I kind of liked both - it's almost like you have two songs here. Maybe one could be an intro or outro or something, or you could split them into sections? Only if you want to keep the tempo for each one. They're both great, nice work!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 05:43:10 PM »
I like the sound of it so far. Don't really have anything critical to add that hasn't already been said. Except, it would be really helpful to have the lyric posted so I could follow along while listening. I couldn't understand a lot of the words. I'll repeat, though, I like the sound of it a lot.

Vicki

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 10:13:33 AM »
Hi Jack

You have something there, I agree with Kev, I can't hear the Vox, but maybe that's how you want it, these kind of songs need a bit of mystery, so maybe leave it as is, that's the deal with seas of verb...creates a trippy atmosphere.

Not initially my bag, but I could get to like it.

cpm