konalavadome

It's been a while

• 4 Replies

Andyb

« on: June 27, 2018, 04:00:44 PM »
I've been away from the forum for a while and I come back and there's a spanking new website.
The reason for my hiatus is the band I was writing with - The Signal Fires - has ceased to be. It was a had time for us all but one by one people dropped out for various reasons and I was the last man standing. I'm  a bass player, I can play a guitar a bit, I was still keen to keep writing but I tried the the acoustic singer songwriter thing but it wasn't really for me. Drawing inspiration from bands like the white stripes and royal blood I set about trying to emulate the full band sound on my bass. Trying not to copy what others have done before I created my own take on a pedal chain that will allow me to split signals to different amps creating different tones, it took a while but I'm getting close to something that I think will work for me. I've begun demoing up some tracks and here is one called antidote. A backing drum track and some simple piano, the rest is all performed on my bass. Heading in to the studio this week to record vocals so hopefully I will have something a bit more complete to share with you soon. I hope you enjoy it and as always welcome your feedback

https://soundcloud.com/user-214476590/antedote-teaser

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 11:30:42 PM »
Yo Andy.

Sorry to hear your band went the way of most bands,it's a shame as you were doing some fine stuff,imo. It's really hard trying to keep any band together,even with any degree of success.

I liked the brief teaser track. Pick yourself up and go man,it's what myself and loads of others have done. There are thousands of possible collaborators out there when you tire of your own company!

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 05:52:43 PM »
Welcome back Andy. The link is bad :( as in doesn't take me to a song

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 08:53:56 PM »
Hi Andy B
Sorry to hear about your band, you had a brilliant sound there.

But hey onwards. This track is great, production and writing,

Nice work dude.
Andy

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 09:49:19 PM »
Cheers pal, this tune rocks or what. Nice and tight guitars/bass. Great production and vocals. The future is bright.