Hey, I'm Veance

• 6 Replies

Veance

• Busker
« on: June 23, 2018, 12:47:41 PM »
Hi, I'm veance. I come from a small town smack in the middle of Flanders Belgium.
I'm here because I wanted to finetune my english vocabulary.
Maybe find better words or a better grammatics for my lyrics.
Also, I might leave pieces of my music here but I'm not sure if I can also find advice or any thought on my arrangments and perhaps pointers for improvement of my solo's.

I sing, I play guitar and when I have an idea, I use ableton live and a line 6 ux2 audio interface to record it, as a memory aid. Some of these have evolved into a complete song.
nil volentibus arduum

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 03:55:04 PM »
Bonjour Veale,
Welcome and hope you find what you need. Have a good look around, read the rules and perhaps start with a few reviews of some lyrics, and then maybe post your first one. It’s a friendly bunch here and as with life the more you give the more you get.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

philbee

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 07:14:10 AM »
Hello Veance,

The right words are always important in a lyric, but some times we ignore grammar in order to create a certain effect.
The Grammar Police may hound you, but songs have a certain level of grammar immunity.

I know Flanders is close to the French border, but I am also aware that there are 3 languages spoken in Belgium: French, Dutch and Flemish.
Which do you speak?

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 10:08:39 AM »
Welcome and good morning Veance.

Hope you enjoy it here, I'd love to hear your work.

You have a really fine football team, they might win this time round.

Regards

cpm

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 02:41:19 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Veance! We have a great community here; I think you'll like it. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.
Vicki

Veance

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 06:12:46 AM »
@Neil C : We have indeed three languages. But it's German, French, and Dutch. The flemish is a dialect upon the Dutch part. There are tonnes of derivatives in our language. Hope I explanained it okay. My native tongue is flemish. But I speak english and french.
Et je vais au vacance a France en aout. Je prend l' autoroute vers dijon pour un jour et je recontinu mon route vers le sud et mon destination est Le muy vers Draguignan.

@philbee : of course we're gonna win. That's like saying the world is round. ;)

nil volentibus arduum

katiewilson1

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 12:25:51 AM »
Welcome to the forum - there's some lovely people on here - who happen to be very talented as well xxx