konalavadome

I wrote a song in 14 minutes! "Just Me"

• 3 Replies

RobertMundane

• Busker
« on: July 23, 2018, 10:07:02 PM »
Hey everyone! Im new to this forum! I wanted to share with you all I video I did recently. Im a songwriter and have been for about 12 years and lately Ive been wanting to challenge myself more and more. I have this "need for perfection" that I thinks is common among artists and especially songwriters. So this is a little exercise I wanted to do to practice getting rid of it!!

Theres a lot of boring stuff at the beginning, but I wanted to share with you all the process as well (Process starts at 2:52 in Video - FULL SONG at 7:38)

The meaning of the song is simply just about being me no matter what other people push on me, despite what people think. The lyrics are apart of the video when I play the full song.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 10:08:56 PM by RobertMundane »

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 10:27:24 PM »
Fascinating insight into your particular style of songwriting man and you seem to have some great ideas along with decent guitar technique and vocals.  The emoji stuff on the video drove me mentall man. I enjoyed the music but not the visual stuff. Probably because I'm an old fart.  Anyway ignore me it's just my personal opinion.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 04:58:11 PM »
Yo Robert.

You're a bit full on,ain't ya?  :D

You remind me of a fav player/YouTube reviewer of mine Phil X. (BABY)  8)

Like Pomps before me,I daresay your target demographic is a good 40 years younger than me,but I know fun when I see it and I'm not dead..yet!

I'm always interested in how other folk put together their music,ya never know what ya can steal!  :D

A very cool insight into your process.  8)

I do hope you stay around and contribute and your vid wasn't just to promote...err your vids!  :)

RobertMundane

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 08:36:17 PM »
Yo Robert.

You're a bit full on,ain't ya?  :D

You remind me of a fav player/YouTube reviewer of mine Phil X. (BABY)  8)

Like Pomps before me,I daresay your target demographic is a good 40 years younger than me,but I know fun when I see it and I'm not dead..yet!

I'm always interested in how other folk put together their music,ya never know what ya can steal!  :D

A very cool insight into your process.  8)

I do hope you stay around and contribute and your vid wasn't just to promote...err your vids!  :)

Thanks so much! yeah Im definitely here to share my music. I do enjoy making videos as well and youtube is a platform where I can do both. But I do really appreciate feedback and I don't get a lot of that because Im just not in a community of musicians. But now I am! you will be seeing more of me for sure.