So 4,500 kilometers later

• 8 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« on: June 22, 2018, 08:04:08 AM »
Got a house sorted in Yorkshire, even went to Kielder 3 miles from the Scottish border to look at a house but way too many midges, just crazy :o :o
Northumberland is incredibly beautiful but a little too out there for us so we ended up lower down,
8/10 weeks and we will be loading up a hire van with all our gear and two west highland terriers and heading for the ferry at Rotterdam,
we where going to travel via Calais on the final move but when we traveled to England via Calais 8 days ago we had a bit of trouble with those nice African immigrants who seem to roam around freely in groups of 8/10 doing whatever they please...they tried to open the back of our Jeep..very scary stuff, no sign of the french police..will not be going back there in a hurry :o :o

hope to start with the music again in September..

best to all,
Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

katiewilson1

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 09:27:53 AM »
Welcome back there's a virtual pint of yorkshire's best bitter at the bar for you along with a pipe and slippers and when your hungry I took the liberty of buying you some chips and gravvvvy to heat up in the ta oven and don't forget your flat cap - it's cold owt there on them moors

Aye by gum - said one the locals there's a stranger in the mist , well best be of - muck out them pigeons

*Not that I'm stereotyping at all *

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 10:36:00 AM »
Welcome back there's a virtual pint of yorkshire's best bitter at the bar for you along with a pipe and slippers and when your hungry I took the liberty of buying you some chips and gravvvvy to heat up in the ta oven and don't forget your flat cap - it's cold owt there on them moors

Aye by gum - said one the locals there's a stranger in the mist , well best be of - muck out them pigeons

*Not that I'm stereotyping at all *

Well, didn't understand a word of that ??? ??? good job you didn't do any of that stereotyping stuff because I think it's illegal in England now, I'll have to pass the virtual pint on to a cloth capped pigeon fancier,(if I can find one) cause we don't drink, well, we do drink, just not alcohol..

best, Kevin
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 07:36:43 AM »
All the very best with it - I don’t really know that part of the UK but sounds like it has everything.

The only time I moved back to the UK was during Euro 96 - walked into a pub and nearly got back on the ferry!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 07:58:40 AM »
All the very best with it - I don’t really know that part of the UK but sounds like it has everything.

The only time I moved back to the UK was during Euro 96 - walked into a pub and nearly got back on the ferry!

I know what you mean Adam..we're gonna suck it and see for a year or so, then we'll either stay or move back to CZ....
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 12:21:16 PM »
kev,
Have fun and good luck. look forward to hearing from you once you're all set up again.
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 01:25:23 PM »
kev,
Have fun and good luck. look forward to hearing from you once you're all set up again.
 :)
neil

cheers, Neil..gonna have to build me a new sound booth , the peeps buying our house were dead chuffed that it has a sound booth because they are both musicians.. was expecting the buyers to ask me to dismantle the studio room but no..they want it as is 8)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

AnitaFox

• Open Mic
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 07:21:38 PM »
Did you settle on Cleveland in the end? That's where I actually am! It's not as bad as they say.  Seaside and countryside are utterly beautiful! 

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 03:33:24 PM »
Up norf is beautiful, anyone that says otherwise hasn't been there..it's got a hellova lot going on up there...not far from York..not far from the Lake district..Newcastle is a happening place...not far from Scotland, love going to the far reaches of Scotland..not a soul in sight!! ;D ;D Isle's of Lewis and Harris are amazing 8) 8) Yorkshire dales are awesome...Saltburn, Whitby, Staithes..lovely places..
so yeah..we ended up around there somewhere..

nuf said..

best, Kevin :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!