Devil's Touch

• 30 Replies

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« on: June 21, 2018, 10:16:12 PM »
Hi all,
Myself and Mikey have been busy writing new stuff, here's is our latest track.

1950's style track inspired by a new guitar purchase and a comment from @Rick trodat, ref slap back on my vocals.
So we thought, lets do it. Slap on the brill cream and creepers......Oh and get the volume all the way round to 11.
Enjoy

Lyrics are as follows:

Devils touch

Verse 1:
Drive a 100 miles just to feel your touch
Been away too long drinking way to much
Tearing down the highway coz I need your love
You got me in your hand like a baseball glove.

Bridge:
You got the look of an angel
You got a devils touch, yeh yeh.

Verse 2:
Got my 55 Chevy and she’s eating the road
she’s got the curves of my baby and she’s got me sold
200 metal horses under the hood, rolling down the track
as I come on home to see my baby and I’m back

Bridge:
With a devils touch….. and your way too much..

Verse 3:
Drove a 100 miles just to look in your eyes
and I’m paralysed by your deep disguise
when you’re in my arms I can’t let you go…no, no, no
don’t tell my heart, I don’t want it to show

Bridge:
With a devils touch….. and your way too much..

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 03:03:23 PM »
Hey, I was thinking 'Pulp Fiction' style surf guitar from the outset. This would fit right into a retro movie, tearing down the highway, looking for adventure and all that!

Interesting how you call the short kinda chorus a 'bridge' - and I think I was expecting a bigger chorus to come along. It's better when it gets repeated twice at the end I feel for achieving hookiness and memorability - but 'tis just my humble opinion!

But it's a gutsy number overall, great vocals and driving guitars, sounds full of dirt and mood and I want to have a beer right now and play it loud again! ;D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 11:02:49 PM »
Yo guys.

Loved the guitar sound in this. Raw and punchy,but with that Dave Edmunds Rockabilly twang.

Back in the day I played 'Repeat when Necessary' to death,this reminds me of good times.  8)

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 11:09:13 PM »
Why does this remind me of Golden Earring's Radar Love?

(No, I can't say it's as good, sorry - that song is effing brilliant - but the feel is there for me. :D )

I like it by the way.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 08:17:55 AM »
Great vibe, I'm kind of hoping you've gone a bought a Gretch!
Tune and vocals all work well. Great live souding production.
My only thought is perhaps the vocals could be higher in the mix, especially the you get to the punchline, you've got the devils touch.
Thanks for sharing
 :)
songwriter of no repute..

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 05:56:51 PM »
I'm loving this one guys. You've really nailed the sound and boy does it move. Excellent stuff

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 08:33:58 PM »
Hi all,

Thanks for all the listens and replies. We were going for the authentic 50's vibe so hopefully that came through.

@pompeyjazz
Thanks Pompey, glad you like the 50's style.

@Neil C
Ha, Yes you are bang on, Bought a orange 5420 Gretsch, it featured on the cover of "One Way Street"
Vocals in the mix, I always toy with for ages and never seem to get them comfortable and agreeable level, I think its because listening to your own vocals are always a bit uncomfortable.
Thanks for the listen

@Sterix
Radar Love? - a bit before my time but yeh after a listen the guitar tone is similar.
Thanks for the listen.

@Skub
Glad it brought some great memories
Cheers for the listen.

@MichaelA
Hi Micheal, Its a classic 12 bar track, they don't tend to have much of a chorus and yeh, not sure why I called the Bridge section a Bridge.
Its just another set of lines.
Thanks for the listens.

Thanks again to all the guys and girls who took time to listen and comment, we really appreciate it.

Cheers
Andy & Mike (AtticVibes)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 11:51:40 AM »
Hi, I guessed it was a Gretsch too, I've got a black electromatic, which I really like! Really pro sounding recording,reminded me a bit of early ZZ Top. Excellent!
Cheers
Jamie

Keyser Söze

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 07:11:14 PM »
It's definitely something I could listen to in my car :) Great retro vibe throughout the entire song, the intro surf guitar in particular sets the tone really well. The half-time part (bridge) was a nice addition, I feel like it gave the song a bit more modernized sound (not counting the production).

I'll admit that you got a chuckle out of me with "Play the guitar!" line at 1:56 - I found it a bit corny, but I realize this is the vibe you're going for. Ultimately though, I think the song is really well done, and I'll be sure to check out the rest of your work.

Veance

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 09:33:37 PM »
Luv it. A real drivers song. I can see myself cruising on this song. Great job on the producing part. The voice reminds me bit of jeff healey.
nil volentibus arduum

Veance

• Busker
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 09:36:22 PM »
Did you use some kind of software to record the voice? Like "nectar"? or did you use pedals?
nil volentibus arduum

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 10:16:15 PM »
Hi Guys

Great to hear that peeps are picking up on the 50's retro vibe, exactly what we were trying to achieve on this track.

@Jamie
Great to hear you have a Gretsch..I F*****g love mine...The black ones look the business. Bigsby ?
Thanks for kind words on production

@Keyser Söze
Thanks for the listen dude, Glad you liked the vibe, The "Play the guitar" part was an attempt to make the track sound a bit live.
I tried all sorts in that gap to try to achieve it.

@Veance
Thanks Veance, I got the vocal efffect with basic compression and EQ to clean up the vocal then added a mondelay slap back.
Also has tape saturation on.

Thanks again guys for the listens and for taking time to comment.
Cheers

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 08:49:17 PM »
Hi, yes I have a bigsby on my Gretsch, and I have it tuned down to a C sharp tuning without any probs for a song I’m working on! Nice guitar!
Cheers
Jamie

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 12:17:07 AM »
Yep this is great oily old school R & R.  Sounds very authentic and captures the vibe you were aiming for very nicely.  Nice one gentlemen.
It's all too beautiful.

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 08:18:25 PM »
@Jamie don't get Andy started, he's turned into a proper Gretsch geek, all he talks about is wanging his Bigsby!

@PaulyX Thanks Pauly, glad you liked it, and appreciate the kind comments