konalavadome

Back from a weekend at Sweetwater Gear Fest in Indiana

• 4 Replies

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« on: June 25, 2018, 01:53:03 AM »
This is a giant event they put on every year, and one of my high school classmates who works there alerted me. They have a lot of vendors and seminars led by experts in the field, so I couldn't resist going. I managed to talk a new musician friend into coming along, who brought his shovel guitar, then became a superstar for photo ops with many attendees who were just enthralled with this shovel guitar. The most exciting part was we bumped into Justin Johnson of YouTube fame, who may be incorporating a new feature from my friend's design into his shovel guitar product line. It was an excellent time. We plan to go again next year.

And here we are in front of the Marshall Wall of Sound . . . We were asked for a photo here immediately upon entry to the event.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 02:28:30 AM by Jenna »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 03:31:28 AM »
That looks like fun! Back in the old days, maybe 10-20 years ago, I might have gotten brave and taken off to go to something like this.

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 08:20:25 PM »
I wouldn't have gone alone, so I was incredibly grateful my new friend decided to cut his work day short to come along. So was he, as you can probably tell by the big grin on his face. lol  I am used to traveling solo, so that's not a big deal.

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 05:23:31 PM »
His playing is superb - really great sound, and what a vibe! Just goes to show what can be done with almost no money!

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 10:17:26 PM »
His playing is superb - really great sound, and what a vibe! Just goes to show what can be done with almost no money!

Isn't it!? I watched a video of a loop artist on YouTube once who included a part she played on a broken kiddie piano and it worked! Pretty amazing the sounds you can create out of everyday, or even broken items.

As for the Gear Fest, I was one of the only women there! Very few women were in attendance. Always the oddball. lol