SLIPPED AWAY (work in progress)

• 6 Replies

Bandana

• Busker
« on: June 13, 2018, 09:01:50 AM »
We are working on this song for an album we're putting together. It's only a minute long clip but you'll get the vibe of it. It's a ballad about lost opportunities and the main riff is played in Open G tuning. Hope you dig it. Thanks. Dan.

https://soundcloud.com/bandanadudes

SLIPPED AWAY

There's a figure in the haze
Moving slowly further
It's fading away
Could it ever really change
The giving and the taking
The science of our age

No chance was given to let it grow
No day to day, no to and fro
So all the happiness turned to woe
And slipped away

Did I see, was I blind
There's a need to change the software
That runs my eager mind
Emotional control
We none of us can stop it
When we are on a roll

And slipped away

BRIDGE
The words and phrases
The twists and turns
The never knowing
The need to learn
The understanding
The reasons why
I never knew
No I never knew

And slipped away
It slipped away
So sad it slipped away
Mmmm it slipped away.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 10:09:54 AM »
Hi Dan

Thanks for putting this up, listened on tracking cans, that are rather bass heavy.

To my ears there is waaaay too much compression on the drums and bass....I can't tell if it's a LVox SC or just an insert on the drum buss, but boy it's rather distracting. 

maybe EQ the Bass guitar out of the way of the kick, and bring the kick up a tad.

Good tune and nice BVox, and guitar mixing.

Hope this helps

cpm

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 11:42:38 PM »
I liked it a lot. I was hoping the next thing that was going to happen would be a steel guitar solo, but it ended. Haha. I hope you finish and share it with us.

Bandana

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 08:59:51 AM »
I liked it a lot. I was hoping the next thing that was going to happen would be a steel guitar solo, but it ended. Haha. I hope you finish and share it with us.

Thankns redrhodie - yeah that was just a snippet of the demo. We are recording the full fat version this month!

Thanks so much for your lovely words.
Dan (Bandana)

Bandana

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 09:11:22 AM »
Hi Dan

Thanks for putting this up, listened on tracking cans, that are rather bass heavy.

To my ears there is waaaay too much compression on the drums and bass....I can't tell if it's a LVox SC or just an insert on the drum buss, but boy it's rather distracting. 

maybe EQ the Bass guitar out of the way of the kick, and bring the kick up a tad.

Good tune and nice BVox, and guitar mixing.

Hope this helps

cpm

Hey CPM -

Thanks for your brilliant comments. You ARE SO right, the compression is sucking the life out of the drums, but this is only a DEMO. We are recording "proper" this month and the real thing will sound the dogs. We're gonna try and get some gospel singers to do the BVox (if we can convince some to do it for free!).

Once again, many thanks

Dan (Bandana)

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 09:52:23 PM »
Your voice reminds me of someone else's and I can't think who but it's great is what I mean to say anyway. You've got a pretty decent song there, i'm looking forward to hearing the finished version.

Veance

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »
Hey Bandana,

nice lyrics. Is this about a breakup? Or am I wrong?
I like the way you write. Not telling the exact story behind the lyrics. That leaves room for those who listen to the song to find there own place in it.

The lyrics give it a sad feel, to me. But the song doesn't give it that same emotion. But again, maybe that's me.

I can be wrong about all this....I'm very new at this but wanted to give my idea on it... :-X

By the way : I liked your 'illegal emotion' on soundcloud a lot :)
nil volentibus arduum