konalavadome

Six Ways From Sunday

• 14 Replies

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« on: June 12, 2018, 08:26:42 PM »
This song (written in February) is a bit of a temporary swansong for me, as I really need to get some other stuff done, so after I've tied up a few loose ends, I won't be around much for a while.

Six Ways From Sunday

So are you sitting comfortably are you finally getting warm?
Did you get your shit together in the calm before the storm?
Or did you get so full of hate?
That you couldn’t see it straight?
And has insanity become the norm?

Are you all stocked up with popcorn to see the tragedy unfold?
Are you thinking for yourself or are you doing what you’re told?
Is it ever gonna stop?
Will the penny ever drop?
Has it already been bought and sold?

We got Six Ways from Sunday for exacting retribution
We got Six Ways from Sunday to erode the constitution
We got Six Ways from Sunday…will we even get to Monday?
We got Six Ways to throw it all away.

I might be wrong, but I believe that some elements of the Obama Administration illegally spied on the Donald Trump campaign team in the expectation of finding something they could then use to impeach him or invalidate his Presidency, as a form of "insurance policy" in case their preferred candidate Hillary Clinton somehow lost the US election. Chuck Schumer appeared with Rachel Maddow and said that if you take on the US Intelligence Community, they have "Six Ways From Sunday" at getting back at you.

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 11:08:57 PM »
Hey Paul
Good tune - powers along nicely and the vox are as stellar as always in your stuff (and the guitars  8)) :D
Thought the hook should appear sooner as it seems to be back-end loaded.  ;D

You know what I think about conspiracy theories so I won't wade in on that beach..
Good work  :D :D
Paul

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 11:14:55 PM »
Hey Paul
Good tune - powers along nicely and the vox are as stellar as always in your stuff (and the guitars  8)) :D
Thought the hook should appear sooner as it seems to be back-end loaded.  ;D

You know what I think about conspiracy theories so I won't wade in on that beach..
Good work  :D :D
Paul

Thanks  :)

You know what I think about "conspiracy theories" ?

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016/08/24/the-term-conspiracy-theory-was-invented-by-the-cia-in-order-to-prevent-disbelief-of-official-government-stories/

Or

https://www.rt.com/usa/429788-fbi-agent-stop-trump/

Further reading here

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/weekly-updates/weekly-update-the-ig-report/#anc1
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:05:16 AM by PaulAds »

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 08:42:21 AM »
Bouncy and just rocking enough - actually I could hear this maybe rocked up a bit more (Husker Du level?).

Very catchy. Nice and short - sounds like something you could use as the intro song to a gig to get everyone ready to go and singing along.

Maybe I'm part of the problem but I've not seen any public figure (politician of any party, or intelligence organisation) that I believed was really serving anyone except their own careers and futures, so I have my head firmly down and am tending my own garden. So to speak.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 08:44:15 AM »
By the way sorry to hear you won't be around as much (did FAWM push you over the edge?!). Though I have my suspicions that you may have been recruited for a secret mission by someone you can't tell us about...

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 11:25:53 AM »
did FAWM push you over the edge?

Psychologically, perhaps   :)

No, FAWM was fine...I didn’t do as much as last year, and wrote some drivel, but got half a dozen I am quite happy with.

I’m just too busy at the minute and songwriting isn’t enthusing me much. I’ve written about an album’s worth this year...so I’m having a break  :)

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 12:17:17 PM »
Like it Paul, good driving feel but with a nice poppy edge on it.

Feel you missed a trick by not counting up the 1 to 6 in the lyrics somewhere. Love a numerical expression of the title in the structure. Something like that always feel more complete.

Great stuff, won't wade in on the politics too much. Obama may have had 6 ways at his disposal. Trump seems more likely to use them and use them for his own ends tho...  ;D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 12:05:23 AM »
Yo Paul.

Fine song with your trademark acerbic wit and creative lyricism.

Love it,man.

Don't stay away for too long Paul,the place can't really afford to lose folk like yourself who contribute regularly. It wouldn't take more than a handful to drop the arse out of the forum.

Take care Paul.  :)

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 11:59:09 AM »

you certainly shake the bottle before opening paul..
in the face real tight punchy sound and no frills ..
vocal & lyric on the money ..

you couldnt write the script at the moment or predict the final scene
no one man should have that much power.... or that face
all trumps mirrors must be from fairyland
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 06:16:52 PM »
Sorry to drag this up...I logged in to answer a PM and thought I’d say a  quick “thank you”  to all who commented. Also...

On the more important subject of this particular conspiracy theory, anyone who’s genuinely interested in what recently happened when the Inspector General Michael Horowitz (an Obama appointee) released his report into the conduct of the top level law enforcement agencies in the matter of the Hillary Clinton Email investigation, could do worse than to watch Chairman Trey Gowdy interview Mr Horowitz...

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 11:58:22 AM »
Hi Paul, a great 'bright' sound to this, nice and clean too! Really enjoyed it, the chords were good. Enjoyed it,sorry to hear you won't be about. Off to do some secret service work? ;)
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 11:33:43 PM »
Yo Paul
This comes out all guns blazing.  I thought the structure was interesting - 2 verses then 2 choruses.  I'd have done the obvious boring thing of verse chorus verse chorus, but actually I think yours works better... you get a nice singalong ending to the song that way.  I could imagine a crowd chanting it.
Dig the alliteration in the title too (although I don't really understand the phrase.  I guess it's an American English idiom).
Well enjoy your time off.  Probably gonna have to do the same myself for a bit.  See you when we get back.
It's all too beautiful.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2018, 03:36:39 PM »
Great song Paul.

Excellent guitars and sung well.

Love the topic....clever lyrics.

Sandeep

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 08:03:14 AM »
Good energy withe the drums, bass and guitar all locked and loaded.
Lots to like here but atop of the pile is a Great Catchy Chorus. Just felt you missed an opportunity to bring it in between V1 and V2, or even start with it.
Anyway thanks for sharing and good luck with your other stuff and see you when we see you.
 :) :)
neil   
songwriter of no repute..

refusedrevival

• Solo Gig
    • Refused Revival
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 08:39:46 AM »
Hi,

This sounds really good ... I like the track and the melody. Nice piano playing and great intro.
Also the bass sound is excellent.

Good stuff!

refusedrevival