Pretty Blue (drum track competition)

• 23 Replies

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 12:29:04 PM »
You're very versatile Paul!! And you show off your rocky side here and in great form. That guitar riff is powerful and rocking and the bass really driving! Your vocals are just superb! And towards the end, when you go hell to leather, reminded me a little a Eric Dover (he's the vocalist from Slash's Snakepit's first album...).

Great rock track with great rock vocals!

Darren

Oldbutyet

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 11:14:30 PM »
I really like the first part Paul remind me of Dr.Feelgood but can i ask was the vocal done in one part  8)

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2018, 07:43:17 PM »
Another strong riff on this one, really cool. The vocal harmonies give it a slightly country twinge, which is a nice touch and they are well delivered. A like the use of reverb to make some notes echo on right after the solo although I'm a bit on the fence about the organ. Maybe it would've sat bit better with a bit of adjustment in the sound/tone/type of organ.

katiewilson1

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 07:49:10 AM »
I liked the title that drew me to it straight away sounded like something The jam might have as a title, good song - I don't have lot to say - I liked it 8 out of 10 from me - good vibe , good voice good strong song

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 02:26:46 PM »
You're just relentlessly beating that guitar Paulski! This is a song that really grows with a few listens. The backing vocals add a nice touch. The guitar gives the vocals a good push.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 03:41:52 PM »
Hi Paul,

Sounds like something off "Live Rust" by your vocal doppelganger and fellow Canadian....you know who:-)

Insistent riff and wild vocal set this apart from your usual style - you are incredibly versatile like a musical chameleon. I think it works perfectly to fill the brief of the competition.

M

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 04:58:18 PM »
Sorry for the late bump. I'll just thank peeps and "get off the effing stage!" as my old bass player used to say to aggressive drunkards.  ;D

@nooms cheers nooms and congrats on taking home the prize!

@Darren1664 thanks Darren - glad you thought the vocal suited the track - my Canuck twang usually gets in the way of sounding anywhere near cool  ;D

@Oldbutyet Oy - Pat! Nice to hear from you. Vocal in one take? Probably not - I can't remember my own phone number at the best of times.  ;D

@Ramshackles cheers Ram - very kind of you. Yeah the organ is a bit of an interloper init?

@katiewilson1 thanks Katie. I'll take 8/10 any day  ;D

@Martinswede Thanks Martin. Yeah I'm the shits on guitar so I just choose a bit I accidentally played well, and loop it. No wonder it sounds relentless! Appreciate the kind words.  ;D

@montydog Thanks Alan - Live Rust! - well that's a compliment indeed. Cheers for that!

Hope I missed no-one - great competition - it was a lot of fun doing sth outside the box for me.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2018, 03:44:25 PM »
Hi Paul,I missed this competition completely :'(,but I have heard a few of the entrants, pretty good idea! Love this, it's quite a way from your usual thing, but as usual you carry it off with panache and style. What can't you do? >:( ;)
Cheers
Jamie

retrononomusic

• Solo Gig
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2018, 08:21:20 PM »
Hey,

didn't know you couldn't do that !

I wish for the synth/organ part to be longer, it seems to announce itself and then it disappeared lol

Great tune, works 100% with me.

Nono.