Rained Every Day

• 8 Replies

Mike67

« on: June 09, 2018, 05:38:27 PM »
Posting this because we were lucky enough to get Malclom Corden to play sax on it; and he really needs to be heard.

https://soundcloud.com/mike-warnes/its-rained-every-day

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 07:04:10 PM »
Lovely sound. I'd like to see the lyrics posted. Interesting effect when the vocalist takes a breath after each word in a particular phrase. I can tell it's for a specific effect but the technique stood out above the message to me, so I'm not sure if it worked. Of course, it may work as intended for other listeners, so I wouldn't assign too much weight to my reaction.

Overall, this is very nice.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 09:57:15 PM »
Yo TFZ.

This is a classy offering for sure.

Man that sax smokes!  8)

Fine sense of dynamics keep the listener's attention throughout the piece.

Quality work.

Tommy Blixt

• Open Mic
    • https://soundcloud.com/knownasbeppe
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 04:17:26 PM »
Hey,

Nice soft tune. The beat is really good on this one especially. You have used some great synths that plucks in the background. More of this please!! And god, the saxophone brings this to another level, my man.

Looking forward to hearing more!

With love
Tommy Blixt

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 08:53:33 AM »
I really like the changes in pace and isolating particular words to give a song some unique DNA.

The "organic" sax really contrasts nicely with the electronics of the bass and synths. I felt that the pads were a bit constant, or a bit high in the mix, as they made the sound very full on all through - I wanted it breathe a bit more in places if you know what I mean.

I liked the trappy drums - nice modern sound but not too cheesily so.

Great atmosphere you created.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 03:38:43 PM »
Hi, a very pro sounding recording and song. Very nice example of its genre. Classy as Skub said earlier.
Great sax too, and I loved the bass when the sax comes in.
Cheers
Jamie

Jack_Diamond.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 08:42:14 PM »
This deserves more listens The production is amazing on this. Vocals are great really nice melody too. Mate That sax is sooooooo good damn. The calm before the storm section at the end works so well and I was so damn happy to hear more of that sax, if it hadn’t come back I would’ve been so disappointed. Really good, keep up the hustle. 

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 09:43:33 AM »
Indeed he's a fab player and tone, it really stands out in the track.
My only other comment is ad I know its a grove track but it needs a hook/chorus I'm there somewhere, perhaps its just more sax more often?
 :)
neil 
songwriter of no repute..

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »
Whato TfZ

Nice piece, loved some of the fx and synth fills, and the brilliant use of the cutoff filter at the end of the Sax Solo, I would be tempted to put a smidge of ADT on the 1st Sax solo, to give it a Dave Sandborn/Brecker Bros. feel, (but only a smidge just so you can barely hear it, or another option is sto stick some 'Bowie - Young Amercians Intro' delay on it., as it sounds really naff with too much, this is always a bone of contention with sax players... just a personal thing, had the same argument ove a similar sax solo years ago, and ended up doing 2 mixes!)

here are the 2 references for completeness...

Dave Sandborn  Benjamin

D Bowie (Sandborn played this too)

btw , I t sounds fine as it is, it's just an idea....

Hope this helps

cpm

Nice

cpm