Whose met ?

• 7 Replies

katiewilson1

« on: June 06, 2018, 08:19:18 AM »
I'd be interested to know if any forum members have met up -it always intrigues me - we are all in different places , different countries xxx

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 12:04:20 PM »
I have met Binladeda (Steve) in Brighton last year. Had a couple of pints and an afternoon chat outside a local pub.

I have also met a guy called Andy Cruise KAFLA in Sterling Scotland. Andy used to be a regular here back in the early days. We spent the night playing our guitars, eating, drinking, playing pool and talking.

It's good to know that there are real people behind the online personalities.b

Paul

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 08:02:39 AM »
I have also met a guy called Andy Cruise KAFLA in Sterling Scotland.

I tried reaching out to ANDY a little while ago but his contact details may have changed as he hadn't been around for ages - @Wicked Deeds if you have any up to date details and can get in touch it would be great to have his talents back on the forum

I have met up with @Neil C at a songwriting conference in London - unfortunately the day was so full on there were no proper breaks to have a proper chat but we had a quick 5min catch up

I have also met up with @James Nighthawk at his commercial studio to "shoot the breeze" for a day

I have raised the prospect of a forum "meet n greet" a few times but there just doesn't seem to be the interest - it may just be one of those things I need to just organise with firm dates and a proposed day's programme and see what happens...
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 08:15:51 AM »
And I’ve met montyfog for an afternoon of playing and lunch down in devon and then at mine, and Delboyin a Waitrose restaurant in Gloucestershire.
Up for a meet boydie
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 02:35:32 PM »
...I have raised the prospect of a forum "meet n greet" a few times but there just doesn't seem to be the interest - it may just be one of those things I need to just organise with firm dates and a proposed day's programme and see what happens...

Next year, along about June, is the forum's 10th birthday, right? Someone, somewhere, mentioned that might be an opportune time for a get-together of some kind. I almost certainly would not be able to come, which will break my heart, but I think it would be wonderful for those who could be there.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 06:21:41 PM by CaliaMoko »

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 03:05:49 PM »
The writing forum I used to be on attempted a lot of official meet ups. I think it requires an official date and location before it will start to pick up steam, otherwise it's just ideas that float around and eventually get away from us. I'm a west country boy and would definitely be up for attending, if I can.
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

katiewilson1

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 06:32:57 PM »
I'd be up for it

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 12:23:37 PM »
@Boydie I have sent an email to Andy (Kafla) this morning.  We  kept in touch for some time by Facebook though I am no longer a Facebook member.  Anyway, fingers crossed that the gentleman in question will make an appearance with his wonderful personality and unique talent.

Paul