konalavadome

Laid-back summery vibes on the road :-) New Music Video & Song

• 14 Replies

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« on: June 04, 2018, 11:27:32 AM »
Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this new video we did out in the Canary's.
Laid-back summery vibes on the road :-)

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »
Open Road Lyrics

V1
We got this open road
Places to go....
Can't be wasting anymore time
With this town....
Just keep on driving all of the way
Away from here....
Been sleeping way to long
Mind body and soul....

C1
Just drive all night and over the hill
Watch the sun rising and the day starts to feel
Climb the mountain and run through the fields....
But there's no place like home...
No place like home...

V2
We got this open road
Chasing the sun....
You and me we're froozen in time
Close and bond....
I'll keep on dreaming of this place
Won't let go....
The Beauty of life and all its ways
Heart head and strong....

C2
No place like home...

Instrumental
No place like home... No place like home...
No place like home...

C3
No place like home...

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 04:53:11 PM »
Really pretty serene, relaxing vibe to both the song and video. I don't have anything constructive to say but I really liked it.

Good luck with it! It sounds like a winner.

Lynn

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 08:32:28 AM »
Hi Lynn

Nice to hear from you glad you enjoyed it :-)

Cheers

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 04:27:05 PM »
Anyone else enjoy the track or the video?
Nice to hear other peoples thoughts.

Cheers

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 09:25:26 AM »
Whato Muso

What a treat! this is one of those songs that can easily be taken for granted as it's 'nice' as is the video, but boy there is a lot of effort in here.

My only suggestion is to have some BVox on the choruses, to put them out from the song,  and maybe also near the ear keeps one of the BVox around the 'No place like home' hookother than that, it's very well arranged, played and produced.

What is that acoustic that I spotted?, sounds mighty fine. Great compressed electric fills too, works really well with the genre of the song.

It really has inspired me to make a Video for 'About Bees' a collab I did with Cazrolina (check that out), and maybe let me know what you think.

What did you use for the Video post prod?

Thanks for a special Fathers Day present!

cpm

katiewilson1

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 10:02:51 AM »
Hi really enjoyed it - nice and laid back - good voice - liked the video - Cool song - xxx

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 05:48:09 PM »

Cheers

Hey Muso bumping up your song and asking for more feedback when you have only ever reviewed a few songs (about half the amount that you've posted yourself) might be seen by some to be a bit of a bloody cheek. After all some people put a lot of time and effort into conscientiously reviewing other members' songs when they post up their own. Seems a fair exchange I suppose.

I'm not one of those though. I like a man who likes a free ride.

So.….It all sounds just great. Laid-back summer ride is right.....wish I was in the Canary's right now.

I've listened a few times now and it already feels like a song I know well.....whether that's a good or bad thing I don't really know or maybe it means very little.

The chorus has made more of an impression after a few listens...I think I'm better able to evaluate it now and it does do a good job of lifting the song there. I knew it was coming and I looked forward to it...this is a good thing surely. Better than I gave it credit for at first to be honest.

The video fits the song.....sort of what we'd expect...but it fits.

Keep on truckin' bro'!

Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 03:13:13 PM »
Hi, a classy well produced and written song. You clearly know what you are doing, enjoyed it.
Cheers
Jamie

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 09:34:38 AM »
Chris,
Sumptuous summery sounds here doing exactly what you said on the tin.
The verses exactly what they should do provide a backdrop for your great vocals.
Fab backing especially the guitar ( reminds me of Roddy Frame ) and classy solo.
Thoughts: The chorus is nice but doesn't quite lift it enough. I know its meant to be laid back, perhaps going up in your vocal range a bit more would work. And the 1st 'no place like home' needs to be a bit more prominent imho.  I think CPM suggestion of BV's would good perhaps with some Tamborine too.
Anyway thanks for sharing, enjoyed it.
 :)
neil

songwriter of no repute..

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 06:49:25 PM »
Whato Muso

What a treat! this is one of those songs that can easily be taken for granted as it's 'nice' as is the video, but boy there is a lot of effort in here.

My only suggestion is to have some BVox on the choruses, to put them out from the song,  and maybe also near the ear keeps one of the BVox around the 'No place like home' hookother than that, it's very well arranged, played and produced.

What is that acoustic that I spotted?, sounds mighty fine. Great compressed electric fills too, works really well with the genre of the song.

It really has inspired me to make a Video for 'About Bees' a collab I did with Cazrolina (check that out), and maybe let me know what you think.

What did you use for the Video post prod?

Thanks for a special Fathers Day present!

cpm

Hey sorry missed this thanks so much for the wonderful feedback glad it pulled you in.
Yes could be right about the b vox but I kinda like the fact that there is only 1 voice in the song.
Most songs now days have nearly too much going on.
Just listening to About Bees now lovely track and sound indeed great voice too :-)
That is a Tanglewood guitar in the video.

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2018, 06:50:49 PM »
Hi really enjoyed it - nice and laid back - good voice - liked the video - Cool song - xxx

Hi Katie

Lovely to hear from you glad you enjoyed ;-)

Thanks

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2018, 07:48:20 PM »

Cheers

Hey Muso bumping up your song and asking for more feedback when you have only ever reviewed a few songs (about half the amount that you've posted yourself) might be seen by some to be a bit of a bloody cheek. After all some people put a lot of time and effort into conscientiously reviewing other members' songs when they post up their own. Seems a fair exchange I suppose.

I'm not one of those though. I like a man who likes a free ride.

So.….It all sounds just great. Laid-back summer ride is right.....wish I was in the Canary's right now.

I've listened a few times now and it already feels like a song I know well.....whether that's a good or bad thing I don't really know or maybe it means very little.

The chorus has made more of an impression after a few listens...I think I'm better able to evaluate it now and it does do a good job of lifting the song there. I knew it was coming and I looked forward to it...this is a good thing surely. Better than I gave it credit for at first to be honest.

The video fits the song.....sort of what we'd expect...but it fits.

Keep on truckin' bro'!

Hey thank you nice evaluation good to hear it grows on you.
I do leave other reviews for people maybe not as much as I should your right :-)
Thanks again

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2018, 07:49:22 PM »
Hi, a classy well produced and written song. You clearly know what you are doing, enjoyed it.
Cheers
Jamie

Hello Jamie thank for checking it out and leaving a comment ;-)

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2018, 07:54:26 PM »
Chris,
Sumptuous summery sounds here doing exactly what you said on the tin.
The verses exactly what they should do provide a backdrop for your great vocals.
Fab backing especially the guitar ( reminds me of Roddy Frame ) and classy solo.
Thoughts: The chorus is nice but doesn't quite lift it enough. I know its meant to be laid back, perhaps going up in your vocal range a bit more would work. And the 1st 'no place like home' needs to be a bit more prominent imho.  I think CPM suggestion of BV's would good perhaps with some Tamborine too.
Anyway thanks for sharing, enjoyed it.
 :)
neil

Hey Neil

Cheers good to hear from you.
Definitely think it should have had some percussion in the chorus to give it that extra lift and perhaps some backing vocals but sometimes i think a song can sound just as good with just the one voice. Just my own thoughts anyway thanks again Neil.

Cheers