konalavadome

Embarrassed

• 11 Replies

katiewilson1

« on: May 30, 2018, 12:43:01 AM »
Hi I'm embarrassed to come creeping back, I feel a bit of a fool - I've just had a really bad few days and my head has been all over the the place , I've got an obsessive personality it has to be everything or nothing - writing songs , poems etc is an outlet for me .

I don't know what to say really - apart from I'm sorry ( sometimes I just want to  drink and drink and not stop but something always stops me , I've self harmed in the past - I get days  when I just want to self destruct

I don't really know why I'm writing all this - sometimes I just want to disapear to a place where nobody can find or hurt me anymore and I want to stop thinking of all the bad things .
Hope you'll accept me back love Katie xxx

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 12:53:44 AM »
No worries! Just glad your back, and glad you're okay. We all have days like that.

And see, now you're #1, so something good came out of it. 😉

katiewilson1

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 01:11:24 AM »
Thank you it's Dawn isn't it ? Or have I got that wrong xxx

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 08:26:13 AM »
Hey Katie

No need to apologise at all - it is great to have you back

I have just quickly looked in to re-activating your old account but once it is deleted it is gone - I did read that it was possible to re-associate your previous posts with your new account so I wonder if @tone gets a mo he could have a quick look as I can't work out how to do it  :-[

I am definitely looking forward to seeing more of your lyrics and it looks like there were a few Collabs in the works to bring them to life  ;D
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

katiewilson1

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 08:59:06 AM »
Thanks Boydie it means a lot what was I thinking X x

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 01:03:37 PM »
Thank you it's Dawn isn't it ? Or have I got that wrong xxx

Nope. It's Lynn.   :)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 01:21:15 PM »
Yo Katie.

Never be afraid to show you are human. We all have our moments when we are not at our best. It's not a failing,it's just being human. I'd rather deal with that,than some cold,robotic shell of a person.

I hope you find peace in yourself,but rest assured this forum and it's folk won't be standing in judgement.  :)

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 07:50:12 PM »
Hi Katie!

I don't know if it's any help but having an artistic outlet has been helpful for me in times of need. The hard part for me has been (trying to) keep/keeping things from only being a way to avoid/distract from pain. When they no longer work I feel all deserted.

I have no real advice to give but I'm happy you're back.

Martin

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 10:33:25 PM »
Hi @katiewilson1 ... I didn't see this before I posted in the previous thread so didn't see you'd come back.

If you want to chat feel free to PM me. I had a nervous breakdown 10 years or so ago... total meltdown. Including ****ing up on a forum that meant a lot to me (I actually went totally nuts and got myself banned and hurt more than a few people I liked). I'm an expert in embarrassing faux pas...es... So I've been there, done that, worn the T-shirt. Seriously, message me if you want to chat.

@Boydie... I assume the data is held in an SQL database. There should be a way to change the poster field to the new Katie by a command that searches for all posts by "x" and assigns them to new user "y". Possibly...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:39:31 PM by Sterix »

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 10:50:05 PM »
Thanks @Sterix

There is a short php script that can be run doing exactly that - but I am too scared to fiddle with the forum so was waiting for TONE's advice !!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 08:30:38 AM »
Sorry for being late to the thread here. You guys are right, there is a script in the admin section that allows me to do that, but when I run it, it doesn't appear to do anything, despite giving me a 'success' message. @Boydie

I'm going to have to dig a little deeper on this one.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

katiewilson1

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 02:26:35 PM »
Sorry for messing everyone about xxx