Walking the Dog

• 19 Replies

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 10:02:55 PM »
Hi Rick,

the slapback on the vocal is a great idea, we have started working on another bluesy track and have put it in, and it is starting to sound good already.

Cheers, Mikey

Featherstone

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 04:27:16 PM »
Love the lyrics ! Good old rock n roll

lillypilly

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 08:18:00 AM »
Walking the dog, walk the dog who cares this is a damn fine song and I would not change a thing, it moves along nicely and for a change just good rocknroll

cheers Lilly

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 08:38:34 AM »
Everything here just works - nice relatable story, nice old school rocknroll, direct nod to JBJ (nice that you did that deliberately), just good fun. I could see Jules doing a boogiewoogie version with you on his show...

Grammar's a funny old stick innit? If you said "walking the dog is all I seem to do" it's totally natural. So the other way round should work too. I think it's about 87% natural so not much of a stretch and go with it.

If I were a perfectionist though (lols) I'd make both verbs the same: walking and watching or walk and watch. But then rhythm's a funny old stick too...

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2018, 10:52:12 PM »
Thanks Guys, we really appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment,

Featherstone, glad you like the lyrics, and you can't beat good old rock and roll

Lilly, glad you like the song, and I agree that its more important to us to get the lyrics to flow in the song than how correct the grammer is

Adam, thanks mate, boogying with Jules would be a dream come true, although I'm not sure we are anywhere near his standard, but glad you enjoyed the song

Thanks to all who listened, Mikey