konalavadome

Walking the Dog

• 19 Replies

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« on: May 29, 2018, 09:43:04 PM »
Hi All,

Here is the latest from Andy and myself, back to the roots with this one, it started of as a tribute buts its been on the back burner for a while so we finally got it finished, anyway, here it is and hope you enjoy it, remember to turn it up!!

Walking the dog

Verse 1
I was gonna be a big movie star
Live in a mansion with a big flash car
A top gun pilot or an astronaut
A James Bond super spy who never gets caught
since we've been together all I seem to do
Is walking the dog and and watch TV with you

Verse 2
I was gonna be a rock'n'roll star
And Date super models while I play my guitar
A race car driver burning up the track
A six gun cowboy all dressed in black
But since we've been together all I seem to do
Is walking the dog and watch TV with you

Verse 3
I don't wanna be a big movie star
Or be on the TV smashing up my guitar
I don't wanna make history
being with you is good enough for me
I can't think of anything that I'd rather do
Than walking the dog and watch TV with you

Cheers, Mikey and Andy

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 09:52:20 PM »
I really, really like the singers voice (is that you or Andy)? Raw and full of energy.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 09:53:28 PM »
Yeah, good old rock and roll. Very infectious. Chuck would love it. Fantastic job. Really hits the mark. I can picture you walking the dog. Loved it!

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 07:49:28 AM »
Thanks a lot guys, it started as a bit of a mess around but developed as it went along, a bit different from our usual stuff but great fun to do. Thanks again and so glad you like it.

Cheers, Mikey

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 10:25:15 PM »
Hi @Kevy, glad you like the vocals, Andy did them, but he could hardly speak for a while afterwards, (which was nice for the rest of us  :) )

Cheers, Mikey

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 10:37:10 PM »
Ahhhhh...."Johnny Be Good" with new words. :D

Being a card-carrying member of the grammar police, I have to mention....sorry...."walking the dog" should be "walk the dog". Except when you're singing "I'm just walking the dog." Like, you wouldn't say "all I seem to do is watching TV with you". You could use the word "walk", if you put a "bounce" in it.

But it's only grammar and a lot of people don't care about it nearly as much as I do, so don't mind me (unless it's important to you, too).

I love this type of music; it gets my blood tapping and my toes flowing. Yeah....

Vicki

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 11:21:38 PM »
Hi Vicky, thanks for taking the time to listen and i'm glad you like the song. On the subject of the grammar, both "walk" and "walking" are grammatically correct, you can use walking as it has an object, i.e the dog, in the same way you can use watch or watching as the object is the TV, we went with" walking" and "watch" as it was a much smoother line when sung to the rythm of the song.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment, Mikey

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 04:03:53 AM »
You're right, of course, Mikey. The phrase "walking the dog" is just as correct as "walk the dog" when taken alone. I could be totally wrong. It's a long time since I studied grammar and I make more mistakes than I used to. The sentence, "All I seem to do is walking the dog" just doesn't sound right to me, for some reason. But no worries...I've been wrong before and no doubt will be again. And again. And again....

katiewilson1

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 08:43:38 AM »
Hi guys another corker - you set such high standards but you still produce top notch stuff - not my favourite of yours - but still lots to admire - good fun lyrics , I would have liked a proper chorus ( maybe I don't know what I'm talking about) it didn't quite get me like some of your other songs  great guitar work , well sung , catchy - still an 8 out of 10 from me

Reminded me of status quo - nothing wrong with a bit of quo .

Take care Katie xxx

Rick trodat

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 09:21:28 AM »
Great song!

Because it is rock and roll i would mix the vocals with a little bit of slapback echo.

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 05:31:09 PM »
Hi All,
Wow, some great comments,
Love the grammar police @CaliaMoko, Just to makes things worse I think i actually sing "I'm just a walking the daaawwg" and that defo doesn't make sense...Still, its all a bit of fun.. Thanks for the listen.

@RealKevM
Glad you like liked the vocal, and yes, Throat was killing me...All in one afternoon, I had to have a few beers after to ease the swelling.....if ya know what I mean.

@katiewilson1
Hi Katie, Thanks for your kind words on our standards..I feel we like to put out the best we can possibly achieve, Production and playing etc.
And YYEESS Quo, they are very cool even now.

@Rick trodat
Great idea Rick, defo will try that on the next rock n roll track. Maybe even a cheeky remix.
Thanks for the heads up.
I should have thought of that as I am trying to learn a bit of rockabilly on my new Gretsch.

Thanks again to all who took time to listen.
Cheers
Andy......or and Mikey.....

pnb

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 06:06:38 PM »
Love the piano on this…great!

A real authentic sound and feel to the overall track. Sounds like the Beatles meet Only fools and horses! (thats a good thing)

Vocals are spot on...nice and clear but with plenty of energy.

On the production side it sounds a little light at the bottom end...not by much...but that would really fill the overall sound out I think.

Well done!

PNB

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 06:16:19 PM »
Yo Andy and Mikey.

I love me some good old 'no frills' rock and roll,just like Charles Berry invented!

On a good night out this would get them on the dance floor for sure. Sometimes with music we travel a long way just to be back where we started.

Loved the listens.  8)

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 07:51:41 PM »
Hi guys, thannks for taking a listen

pnb, we hadn't noticed any problems with the bass, we'll have some more listens and check it out, thanks for the great comment.

Skub, cheers Davy, you are of course perfectly correct, you cannot beat old school arse kicking Rock 'n' Roll, I keep trying to sneak some into Andy's songs, but this time I made him suck it up! anyway, glad you like it, us old rockers have to stick together.

Cheers, Mikey

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 05:37:07 PM »
Anyone see the Quo special on BBC4 last night?, when Rockin' all over the world came on I thought " Those cheeky rascals have stolen my intro!"

Cheers, Mikey