The Way You Make Me Feel

• 26 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 10:03:34 PM »
Yo Micky.

Wow,the forum is awash with classy and polished items. No reason why you wouldn't hear this on the radio,impressive work man.

I'm wondering why you have the track on private,I'd want as many folk to hear this as possible!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 02:09:37 PM »
Hey Mickey (Lol)

there are some great lines in here - the shots of whiskey and the piano are brilliant - reminded me a bit of something Bruno Mars would do.

I think you have your own bold style and you took a few risks in phrasing and lyrics here which work well. (I'm still not sure whether I'm brave enough to ever use "thee" in a song though!)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 02:28:14 PM »
Hi, this is a very polished pro sounding recording. Great vocals and the mix and arrangement works really well. Not necessarily what I'd listen to, but then I guess you're not looking to wow my demographic ;) :P.
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 06:12:33 PM »
Great modern pop song. Like the catchy sing-a-long nature of it. Well put together and produced.

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 08:19:01 AM »
Hey dude,

Thanks for the detailed feedback to my...feedback! :D

Regarding Johnny, aren't we here to, with respect and in the spirit of progressing our songwriting chops, nitpick and be nitpicked??

I loved that Ariana story. Pop is full of those...like when little MJ in "I'll be there" sings..."just look over your shoulders" (which is impossible to do) the producer kept it despite the mistake.

I honestly don't believe there's any rules in pop or music in general. I do however think u can get away with much more if you're established and on your 3rd album or whatever.

So you keep your "thee" and thats just fine mate  ;D

Do you listen to the podcast "sodajerker on songwriting"?? If not you should def give it a whirl. Over 100 excellent interviews with the people who wrote some of our fave songs on their process, inspiration, etc

That's great to hear about your songwriting goals dude. I'm very similar, except I'm not interested & am frankly a bit too old at 41 to be chasing the whole artist thang!! ;D

I wish you all the best man, keep writing them hits and Hey, feel free to check out my new song on here...I'd love to hear what you think.  ;) ;D

Hey there! @LostBoy  sorry for the delay! I feel like there are specific pop rules, but I hate rules and even though I'm not on my third album I'm keeping "thee"! haha

I have not heard that podcast but thank you for the recommendation I will definitely give it a listen!!

And hey, age ain't nothing but a number! I'm already old for the pop world lol but I figure we're not too old unless we're dead LOL

I wish you the best as well! Thank you so much and I will def check your songs out soon!!

Best,
Micky

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 08:21:09 AM »
Yo Micky.

Wow,the forum is awash with classy and polished items. No reason why you wouldn't hear this on the radio,impressive work man.

I'm wondering why you have the track on private,I'd want as many folk to hear this as possible!
Thank you so much!!! :)

I put a new link to a non-private track :)

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 08:21:55 AM »
Hey Mickey (Lol)

there are some great lines in here - the shots of whiskey and the piano are brilliant - reminded me a bit of something Bruno Mars would do.

I think you have your own bold style and you took a few risks in phrasing and lyrics here which work well. (I'm still not sure whether I'm brave enough to ever use "thee" in a song though!)

Hi @adamfarr ! Thank you so much. Compared to Bruno???? what a compliment!

I know the "thee" is a bit out there but I figure what the hell, right??? :P

Micky

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 08:22:15 AM »
Hi, this is a very polished pro sounding recording. Great vocals and the mix and arrangement works really well. Not necessarily what I'd listen to, but then I guess you're not looking to wow my demographic ;) :P.
Nice one!
Cheers
Jamie

Thank you so much! Much appreciated :)

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2018, 08:22:32 AM »
Great modern pop song. Like the catchy sing-a-long nature of it. Well put together and produced.

@pompeyjazz Thank you!!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2018, 08:07:01 AM »
Very catchy modern pop.
Vocals sound very distinctive and current. Neat bv's too. 
Lots of production going on and catchy as hell.
Thoughts: probably could do with some editing to make it even stronger, there are lots of sections
Could hear it on the radio and at a festival too.
Good luck
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2018, 11:12:15 PM »
First of all, congrats on sharing song of the month for May. There were some great tunes to choose from so well done.

Second, I've not read all the comments here (I've barely glanced over it) so if I'm chewing on old rope please forgive me.

Overall it's another great song - really catchy (one of my points actually pertains to this) and well produced (to my ear).

One thing I've noted that was picked up on was a small thing but my lyricist's ear definitely picked up on it (every time I hear it - and I've heard it more than a few times). It was the word "thee". I really think it would sound better as "you" - I really do think you can get away with it without having to worry about it not rhyming. A number of bands I listen to get away with it all the time. As a lyricist though I do find myself guilty of mangling the English language to squeeze out a rhyme so possibly I'm guilty of double standards here! :P

The other thing is a slight negative, although it's in the nature of there was something I wanted more of. And that was this part:

You hit me like an uptown bus in New York City
Like the first time I had 10 shots of whiskey
Just like the time I jumped out of an airplane into the sky
And I fell like a piano coming down from the 40th story
Rome when the Barbarians came for the glory
The first time i heard Coldplay "Fix You" and I cried

This was my favourite part of the song (caught me doing my dad-dancing moves) and I felt a slight disappointment there wasn't more of it later in the son (either with the same lyrics or different). The lyrics are so good here and the faster tempo really gets the song going.

Yeah, I know. Too much of a good thing is bad for me (my doc keeps on telling me every time he tries to make changes to my diet). But, meh. It's still pretty damn good as it is. ;)

Keep 'em coming!

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2018, 08:13:59 PM »
Hi Micky,

Another great pop song mate, really well performed and produced, and I really like the choir sections, they really drive the song along.

Cheers, Mikey