konalavadome

The Way You Make Me Feel

• 26 Replies

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« on: May 29, 2018, 11:11:51 AM »
Hey all!

New song I've been working on called "The Way You Make Me Feel". I might call it something else, but that's the title for now. Would love some feedback on the production, lyrics and I guess overall feel. It's very Pop (as usual) so beware lol. Any and all thoughts are welcomed!

Thanks!
Micky

https://soundcloud.com/micky-shiloah/the-way-you-make-me-feel-2

Lyrics:
It was the one night that we got to talking
I felt a connection
Definitely not there before

It was your eyes on me
It was my eyes on thee
It was like suddenly
I felt this feeling

You hit me like an uptown bus in New York City
Like the first time I had 10 shots of whiskey
Just like the time I jumped out of an airplane into the sky
And I fell like a piano coming down from the 40th story
Rome when the Barbarians came for the glory
The first time i heard Coldplay "Fix You" and I cried

And I don’t wanna lose this feeling
Cuz I like the way you are
The way you are

I don't wanna lose this feeling
Cuz I like the way we are
The way we are
The way you make me feel

(Chorus)
I like the way you make me feel
I like it, I like it, I like it
I like the way you make me feel

Could it be destiny
Could it be you and me
You’ve never given me a reason to be nervous around you

It could be the words you spoke
It could be this Jack and Coke
It doesn’t matter cuz i’m in it
I’m in it with you

And I don't wanna lose this feeling
Cuz I like the way you are
The way we are
The way you make me feel

(Chorus)
You give me butterflies I've never felt
All the stars in the sky
They start falling around us
I never thought it was possible I could be yours
And you could be mine
(that's the way you make me feel)

Bridge:
You hit me like a calm before the storm
Hit me like the light at dawn
And I fell like the rain dropping out of the clouds
I fell for every word coming out of your mouth

I fell like the rain
I fell like the rain
I fell like the rain
I fell like the rain

And I don't wanna lose this feeling
Cuz I like the way we are
The way we are

The way you make me feel

(Chorus)

And that's the way you make me feel

You give me butterflies I've never felt
All the stars in the sky
They start falling around us
I never thought it was possible I could be yours
And you could be mine
(That's the way you make me feel)

That's the way you make me feel

That's the way you make me feel
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:23:01 AM by Mutrins »

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 10:00:25 PM »
Fun! Not my usual cup of tea, but I think you have a really lovely pop song here. Love when the all the voices add in. I could see you singing this with a gospel choir backing you. It would be awesome. Yeah, I actually like a song that could very well be on the radio. Good song!

Johnnyuk

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 10:46:00 PM »
Hi.
Great song and song structure. Vocal is also great! You are way too good for a place like this 100% so take the negative comments in here with a very large pinch of salt and i mean that from the heart after listening to many quality recordings from you recently to then read those silly negative posts made simply to shoot you down by the usual crowd.
Knowing what you are doing musically in here seems to be scorned upon, having a natural musical ability or dare i say being educated on songwriting to a career level even more so sadly, it is simply not welcomed because the uneducated aka so called unqualified musicians for a better word know better than you apparently? Jealousy springs to mind.
So fek em i say you are simply a great songwriter with a great voice and vocal tone and a musical ability that they can only ever dream of!
Keep doing what you do because it is great and let those back patters keep on saying the same old thing to their pretend friends.
Johnny :)

PS: In My Opinion.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:01:01 PM by Johnnyuk »

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 12:06:51 AM »
Hi.
Great song and song structure. Vocal is also great! You are way too good for a place like this 100% so take the negative comments in here with a very large pinch of salt and i mean that from the heart after listening to many quality recordings from you recently to then read those silly negative posts made simply to shoot you down by the usual crowd.
Knowing what you are doing musically in here seems to be scorned upon, having a natural musical ability or dare i say being educated on songwriting to a career level even more so sadly, it is simply not welcomed because the uneducated aka so called unqualified musicians for a better word know better than you apparently? Jealousy springs to mind.
So fek em i say you are simply a great songwriter with a great voice and vocal tone and a musical ability that they can only ever dream of!
Keep doing what you do because it is great and let those back patters keep on saying the same old thing to their pretend friends.

Since I'm the only other person who's commented on this song, I feel compelled to point out I said nothing negative. I quite liked it.

I also went back and read the comments on his previous song, and didn't see anything negative there, either. It all looked very thoughtful, respectful, and considerate, and overwhelmingly positive to me.

Perhaps I've missed something, but as the only other person on this thread so far, I felt the need to defend myself in case you misunderstood what I wrote. That does happen to me enough that I'm becoming self conscious. Haha.

katiewilson1

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 01:10:09 AM »
I think it's well produced and sung , not my thing really but it's nicely done -
It has that feel of a lot of songs which isn't a criticism because it works
I think it would be a hit because there's a huge market for this type of thing xxx

Great voice as well , I like the 3rd verse some good lyrics in there xxx

Johnnyuk

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 07:01:03 AM »
Hi.

Since I'm the only other person who's commented on this song, I feel compelled to point out I said nothing negative. I quite liked it.

I also went back and read the comments on his previous song, and didn't see anything negative there, either. It all looked very thoughtful, respectful, and considerate, and overwhelmingly positive to me.

Perhaps I've missed something, but as the only other person on this thread so far, I felt the need to defend myself in case you misunderstood what I wrote. That does happen to me enough that I'm becoming self conscious. Haha.

Hi,
No i don't mean you at all.
The usual suspects is what i mean.
Anyway i'm off to delete my profile.
Bye and good luck everyone!

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 01:04:47 PM »
Hi.

Hi,
No i don't mean you at all.
The usual suspects is what i mean.
Anyway i'm off to delete my profile.
Bye and good luck everyone!

We'll that's too bad. Good luck with everything.

irwin

• Solo Gig
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCoYFKSWTAI&list=PLWHZTIkxOCWkm6lSQEDem0DQqTMSAoLVe
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 07:02:27 PM »
This is good, sounds like a song playing on the radio. If you are the one who produced the music it is good musicianship (keep it up).

In your lyric for the three opening lines there isn't any rhymes, even though it sounds well when sung I still thing you should of at least have two of those lines ending with rhymes why, because it may come back hurt you down the road when making submissions for placement with industrial professionals in the music business.   

suggesstions:

Lyrics:
I felt a connection

Lyrics:
There we were connecting
Like we'd known each-other before

or

communicating

Or you can come up with something that will fit.

Good luck.

Irwin

Need your music on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc? Click DistroKid Link Below and Save 7%:
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/2528627

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7nwjMIqpi8461amydZmWUC

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 02:03:06 AM »
Fun! Not my usual cup of tea, but I think you have a really lovely pop song here. Love when the all the voices add in. I could see you singing this with a gospel choir backing you. It would be awesome. Yeah, I actually like a song that could very well be on the radio. Good song!

Thank you!!! :)

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 02:05:31 AM »
Hi.

Hey Johnny,

Thank you so much! I'm always open to constructive criticism.

I do tend to take opinions with a grain of salt and realize that everyone has opinion but every now and then I get some great feedback that I take into consideration.

Thank you for the kind words :)
Micky

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 02:06:45 AM »
This is good, sounds like a song playing on the radio. If you are the one who produced the music it is good musicianship (keep it up).

In your lyric for the three opening lines there isn't any rhymes, even though it sounds well when sung I still thing you should of at least have two of those lines ending with rhymes why, because it may come back hurt you down the road when making submissions for placement with industrial professionals in the music business.   

suggesstions:

Lyrics:
I felt a connection

Lyrics:
There we were connecting

or

communicating

Or you can come up with something that will fit.

Good luck.

Irwin

Thank you!

I did produce everything, thanks so much!

I get what you're saying about the rhymes and I was thinking the same thing in the beginning but then I got used to these lines and just decided to stick with them. I'm so stubborn when it comes to lyrics lol

Thank you again!!
Micky

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 02:07:11 AM »
I think it's well produced and sung , not my thing really but it's nicely done -
It has that feel of a lot of songs which isn't a criticism because it works
I think it would be a hit because there's a huge market for this type of thing xxx

Great voice as well , I like the 3rd verse some good lyrics in there xxx

Thank you so much!! :)

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 10:10:37 PM »
First off...what the hell is up with Johnny?? ??? Maybe I’ve missed something on this forum, but jeez, in my 2 years on here I’ve never known anyone to be anything but respectful and helpful with my stuff. Maybe he knows you from another forum Micky? Has anyone ever been rude to you about your songs on here?? I’d be very surprised if that were true.

Anyway, gotta say this is another great track. You’re production is always tight and is great ear candy. I love the little breakdowns with the high keys. Ace stuff! The humming/ooohs are a great hook and you do a fantastic job layering your vocals. Inspiring stuff. Sung like a boss as usual! Great harmonies dude.

So because you set such a high standard for yourself tell me mate...what are you trying to do with these songs? Are you signed? Trying to get signed? Just trying to get songs placed? Just writing for yourself? What Is your goal? Sorry for the 20 questions ;D I’m just very nosey!! Haha! but also, I can then TRY and humbly tailor my feedback a bit better. For example if it’s just for fun, I might not bother suggesting a lyric change from “I’ve got my eyes on thee” to something less...biblical! and more in line with how we actually talk to each other. ;) it’s a tiny nit, but one that maybe a publisher would ask you to rewrite? Do u see what I mean? And by the way, I’m not suggesting that I know my shit and everything I say is correct, hell no! but I miss tiny details in my own songs all the time and appreciate when someone points them out.  ;D Jeez, sorry for the epistle...see, you’re not the only one who can get biblical up in here!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 11:13:18 AM »
First off...what the hell is up with Johnny?? ??? Maybe I’ve missed something on this forum, but jeez, in my 2 years on here I’ve never known anyone to be anything but respectful and helpful with my stuff. Maybe he knows you from another forum Micky? Has anyone ever been rude to you about your songs on here?? I’d be very surprised if that were true.

Anyway, gotta say this is another great track. You’re production is always tight and is great ear candy. I love the little breakdowns with the high keys. Ace stuff! The humming/ooohs are a great hook and you do a fantastic job layering your vocals. Inspiring stuff. Sung like a boss as usual! Great harmonies dude.

So because you set such a high standard for yourself tell me mate...what are you trying to do with these songs? Are you signed? Trying to get signed? Just trying to get songs placed? Just writing for yourself? What Is your goal? Sorry for the 20 questions ;D I’m just very nosey!! Haha! but also, I can then TRY and humbly tailor my feedback a bit better. For example if it’s just for fun, I might not bother suggesting a lyric change from “I’ve got my eyes on thee” to something less...biblical! and more in line with how we actually talk to each other. ;) it’s a tiny nit, but one that maybe a publisher would ask you to rewrite? Do u see what I mean? And by the way, I’m not suggesting that I know my shit and everything I say is correct, hell no! but I miss tiny details in my own songs all the time and appreciate when someone points them out.  ;D Jeez, sorry for the epistle...see, you’re not the only one who can get biblical up in here!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

Hey @LostBoy !!

I've never felt like anyone was rude or disrespectful to me on here or any other forum. I think he may have meant that people nitpick ? Not 100% sure.

Thank you so much!! I'm thrilled that you liked the song and all the little bits n pieces I added in there.

Nosey is ok! haha
I'm not signed. That would be a dream. I would love to get songs placed, and that is definitely a goal. I mainly write for myself, but I do keep in mind that I would love to write for other artists as well. I think my songwriting is a stronger skill than my singing, but I would love to do both. I mean, make a living out of it lol.

The ultimate goal would be to get signed and be a full time artist. The other would be to be a full time songwriter. Or both. I'm good with both lol.

And yea that lyric "It was my eyes on thee" haha. I already had the line "it was your eyes on me" and I was like...well it has to be my eyes on....THEE? i can't say "you" because of rhyming. I kind of kept the "thee" line there until I thought of something else but then I ended up just sticking with it. It reminded me of the Ariana Grande song "Break Free" and one of the lines is:
"I only wanna die alive
Never by the hands of a broken heart
I don't wanna hear you lie tonight
Now that I've become who I really are"

And that was sort of an issue when the song was a hit. Well, people were talking about it. And Ariana worked on it with Max Martin (one of my heroes) and she didn't want to sing the weird lyric but he told her to just do it because it was funny. And so she did! haha

I guess that's my way of justifying it because Max Martin might think it's ok? LOL. It kind of doesn't bother me anymore, and it could end up being a talking point. Pop music, I guess?

Either way, thank you so much for the kind words and the 20 questions! :)

Micky

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 07:35:07 PM »
Hey dude,

Thanks for the detailed feedback to my...feedback! :D

Regarding Johnny, aren't we here to, with respect and in the spirit of progressing our songwriting chops, nitpick and be nitpicked??

I loved that Ariana story. Pop is full of those...like when little MJ in "I'll be there" sings..."just look over your shoulders" (which is impossible to do) the producer kept it despite the mistake.

I honestly don't believe there's any rules in pop or music in general. I do however think u can get away with much more if you're established and on your 3rd album or whatever.

So you keep your "thee" and thats just fine mate  ;D

Do you listen to the podcast "sodajerker on songwriting"?? If not you should def give it a whirl. Over 100 excellent interviews with the people who wrote some of our fave songs on their process, inspiration, etc

That's great to hear about your songwriting goals dude. I'm very similar, except I'm not interested & am frankly a bit too old at 41 to be chasing the whole artist thang!! ;D

I wish you all the best man, keep writing them hits and Hey, feel free to check out my new song on here...I'd love to hear what you think.  ;) ;D