Runaway - Drum Comp with Katie Wilson

• 21 Replies

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 05:02:25 PM »
Hey both

Great collaboration!

Lyrics simple but effective! And a great interpretation into music by Neil! Killer riff! Killer guitars! I really enjoyed the 'funky' section! Good production! Good vocals...I'm running out of ways of saying good/great :P but this competition is of such great (lol) quality and this is another top notch tune and yet unlike any of the others!!

Brilliant stuff both, nice listen

Darren

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 05:47:58 PM »
Nice song!

I hear both Sheena and Jimmy Jazz. I love the laid back vocals and the sometimes pop music feel.
Great lyrics.

Martin

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 06:58:09 PM »
Neil and Katie - what a wonderful song. The interplay of the guitars is both clever and very effective. The guitar tone is rough and ready, beautifully "broken", authentic and absolutely spot on.  There's also a strong tune - i.e, your vocals deliver a lovely melody and I'm a sucker for a good rockin' harmony! And Katie, your lyrics work really well with this track.

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 10:00:15 PM »
Heyo heey!

You're a vetran of bringing others lyrics to life Neil so high expectations as always - and you know how to choose 'em, spotted a few of Katie's works and a great talent; they read so honest.

Interesting lyrics for the hard punky drums though, I imagine something slower - so here goes a listen.. xD

Holy crap man, keeps kicking me in the stomach with musical envy. Thinking i've clocked it after the first two sections then you keep progressing, flowing and coming back around at the right time. Runaway! Runaway! :)

Very cool vibes, could listen on repeat!

Feel like a fool on these entries, nothing constructive, just blown away.

Cheers,
Scott.

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »
Great job guys! I think you maintained the vocal energy well on this Neil. Good luck in the comp?  ;D

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 11:38:07 PM »
i was getting kinks1965/6 ish with animals or manfred mann harmonica thrown in..genius move
love the way it cuts thro just right ..adds that touch of something  errr indefinable !
but just perfect !!??
massive sound.. the dishes were vibrating in the kitchen !
strong vocals and another good lyric from katie
love the bridge.. suddenly joe walsh like..love it
real show stopper
terrific collab
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 03:33:39 PM »
Really liked this one. Really catchy and totally worked with the drum track very well.

Production is top too. Definitely near the top of the class.