konalavadome

Apprentice Songwriter

• 4 Replies

philbee

• Busker
« on: May 26, 2018, 12:26:56 PM »
Hello – I'm a bit of a musician and a bit of a writer, so have been combining the two for a short while now. So I guess I'm an apprentice songwriter. I've started reading some books on the craft and also learning some rudimentary recording skills in order to try to build up arrangements. As for my singing skills – well the least said about that, the better.

I'm hoping to create some raw unproduced material for feedback. So any critique received by established songwriters will be gratefully received.
I have no illusions about ever creating material worthy of full production, but I would like to try to develop the basic skills of structure, lyric, arrangement, etc.

I only discovered this forum today so before seeking feedback on the Work in Progress section, I might spend a few weeks reading up past threads and following and commenting on new threads.

I grew up in Birmingham but haven't lived in the UK for a long time now.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 05:30:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum

I am sure you will find everything you need here

If you have any specific questions or areas you would like to discuss feel free to post in the "The Writing Process" or "Recording" areas as there are plenty of knowledgeable, talented and helpful folk around to steer you in the right direction
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 09:59:44 PM »
Hi philbee, welcome to to the forum, do you play any instruments?

philbee

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 12:10:33 AM »
Hi RealKevM - Yes I play guitar, so I'll try my preliminary song arrangements with chord rhythm, bass and maybe some riffs. Just enough so the song intention can be heard.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 07:20:46 AM »
Looking forward to hearing your stuff.