Burn Burn Burn (Drum Challenge Competition Entry)

• 21 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 09:21:59 AM »
I think this is the most "punk" interpretation so far, and none the worse for that. Sounds like you really enjoyed it. It's a great authentic rebellious lyric too - some things are just meant to be.

Very interesting when artists "go back" to punk rather than starting out as punkers - in this case there are definitely a few flavours from your other rock influences.

Really loving this competition! We should make the ultimate work-out album with the entries. Thankfully there's no copyright in drum recordings. Oh wait...

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 10:26:05 PM »
You've for sure captured the 'clash' vibe with the punky guitars and aggressive vocals & lyrics.
Really like the 'Welcome to your worst nightmare' section, it goes somewhere I would have never thought of...the almost synth-like guitar following the vocal line is really cool.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 04:51:17 PM »
Hey Bill

Another great guitar riff!! (there's quite a few in the competition)....this song has a real punk sound and your vocal suits it perfectly (great vocals btw). I really like the contrast between the verses and chorus. I found it an unexpected change in style for the chorus and it really worked. Really good guitar work and bass throughout and well mixed.

Really strong song!

Darren

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2018, 08:08:49 AM »
One of my favourites from this excellent competition. A great tribute to the source material. I can hear the Clash coming through loud and clear! And Sham 69, and Stiff Little Fingers. The bridge is also superb. Does take a couple of listens to get everything that's going on. Superb work.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 03:20:22 PM »
Very punk influenced - I'm getting Sham 69 on crack after a night out with Alice Cooper. I thought the lyrics were perfectly dripping with attitude - very effective. I liked the psychedelic bit in the middle - a lovely contrast. Superb in every respect.

M

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 03:26:59 PM »
world class riff bill
im thinking youve been there !
bounces lovely
drums really sit nice
going for it on the vocals actually reminds of john otway in the tone
buckets of attitude comes over real strong
great bridge
fine work
wow this comps producing amazing ideas

all down the rock garden tonight eh ?
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 09:59:05 PM »
Hey Bill

doctor is reasonably confident there is no lasting damage to my vocal cords. My neighbours hope there might be. Had a heap of fun though

Haha that's what it's all about dude, no pain no gain! :)

Lyrics are very well put together, one of those where they feel like they should forced, but some a ross very natural and flowing - though obviously with a very distinct rhythem to them. I really enjoy them to be fair - will have to find this old song too!

See you embraced the punk execution which is awesome, the drums being loud at up front with the fighting guitar and sharp vocal execution sends that attitude from my ears all the way through. And holy mother of sh*t the break and drop back in is a thing of beauty - thought I knew what I was in for up until then - and how it dropped back in - bloody amazing.

Love it dude.
All the best,
Scott.