Mask. (drum challenge entry)

• 21 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 12:16:03 AM »
Oh yeah! Great for dancing. Works for the beledi dance, too, by the way. Which means, I suppose, all the entries will (this is my first one to review). I'll have a whole bunch of new music to dance to now.  ;D

I can't analyze the things you put together. The words maybe, which I like fine, but not the music or the production. I can enjoy it though. If this is representative of all the entries, reviewing them is going to be a lot of fun!

Vicki

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 09:46:16 AM »
Definitely fascinating how this doesn't sound so fast as some others with the same beat. Nice slow start and relaxed vocal delivery. Lots of space for those guitars too - very nice light and shade and tension building.

Really like the lyrical theme - perhaps would have liked more choruses (though I know that wasn't the way the track was designed!)

I might have started without the vocal harmonies just to have an additional element to add in later, but for sure you make a great sound all the way through.

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 07:53:59 PM »
Eyewp Skubbers,

Always in for a treat when checking out what you've been up to.

Not sure if it's that 1-take affect but certainly feels more live, like you got the band in the studio with you jamming out, it's great!

Was wondering what to extent people would work the drums in rather than working around them, and you've smashed incorporating all that original energy and greatness. The bit of echoing vocals at 1:17 really brings out some tribal vibes - smashing vocals all over to be fair.

Nothing more to say ah, I'm a fan more than a peer here  ;D

All the best,
Scott.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 09:57:47 AM »
Whato Skub

Haven't heard it yet, but I had the same idea, I just didn't want to go along with the punk vibe, I thought edm or reggae, I knew there wouldn't be enough time to do it justice.

Looking forward to giving your entry a listen. Good luck Man.

cpm

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2018, 01:10:00 AM »
some calm at last
a different tack & works great
has a nice tpetty like feel on the changes
vocals nicely weathered and almost chant like, like youve got the brothers behind you.. local christian brothers choir perhaps?
calmer maybe but swells lovely as the outro gets meaner
kind of dark glances as your vocal  more intense..
lindsey buckingham be proud of that outro
fine song like the lyric

this comps worked so well..
a lesson in getting the job done in three minutess - should be a fat content warning on songs
fine work skubly
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2018, 09:13:26 PM »
Love the chorus (?) 'I can't take it...', shame it only crops up once...
Also love the bass, it really fits with the guitar, good production there. Not so keen on the harmonies/phaser effect on the vox but thats a small point.

Given the constraints and time frame, I'm impressed by the very coherent and interesting lyric, well done :)

katiewilson1

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 08:16:51 AM »
Liked the start - great sound with the guitars - I don't know what it's Called but I love the echo bouncy sound they give - it's a classic- well sung - can't find no faults - good old fashioned sound - I don't know if it's rock and roll but it's a real gem of s song 10 out 10"from me another one for my play list X