konalavadome

Epo Man (Drum Challenge Competition Entry)

• 29 Replies

dasntn

• Open Mic
  • Nex't'Nothin - my main gig
    • Nex't'Nothin
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 09:29:47 AM »
Hi John

really like this song - favourite of the competition so far. Great backing arrangement, lovely guitars, and brilliant vocals. A nod to the punk direction of the original drum track, but takes it in another direction as well.

Brilliant job!

Dave

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 06:11:39 PM »
Vocal great on this one. Loving those synthy sounds in this one...gives it a flavour...don't know what of but not of punky 1977....maybe something a bit later...bit more experimental...like Magazine or somebody God knows who.

Like the guitar motifs...some really catchy musical hooks.

Quite a ride this one...imagining a cartoon of a little rocket speeding through the stars...up, up, up! Good work!

Another cracking song for the comp. All good stuff so far.

Think this one's gonna be shooting pretty high come vote time. Really knockout song.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 11:50:45 PM »
Another cracking interpretation

This has a fantastic "live" feel - I can almost picture the band on stage performing this in front of me

Cracking vocal delivery - I got a Punk meet s John Lennon Vibe

My only slight nit is I think the drums got buried a bit at times but everything else was driving it along so it didn't matter at all
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2018, 03:46:27 AM »
I like what you did with it. I missed having they lyric to read while listening....

Now I want to try something with an echo in it like you did.... ;D  I like the energy. Improves my circulation. :)

No nits.

Vicki

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 09:12:56 AM »
Who'd be a cyclist or javelinist (or insert sportist of choice here - I think we've only really touched the surface of all the "supplements" or "recovery aids" that go on behind the scenes in all of them).

The pressure must be immense to perform all the time and to push the limits - and even if you're not people assume you are...

Anyhow, it's really topical and timeless and super-catchy, very singalongable and headboppy. The guitar really drives it, and I think this  feels like a home game for you. For a while I couldn't even recognise the drum track - which I think must be a good thing, you've taken it in a new direction.

Dare I say, an excellent "performance" and really challenging the "competition"... (ouch)

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 08:09:10 PM »
Heya John!

Doesn't take much to get you super-creative and original. Haha I know what you mean wondering how you ended up where you are when writing to someone else' rhythm, it's a great feeling and came out fantastically well here. Smile straight on the face :)

Really gives off a feeling you're racing home to get more of that good stuff before it wears off, and always get there in time!

Vocals and music great as always, so too with incorporating the drums - but it's the attitude I love here, this high tempo is bringing out some gems! Sold the story completely.

Cheers,
Scott.

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2018, 08:34:05 AM »
Hey
Guitar riff is one of my faves of the comp and the two guitars play off each really nicely.
Very balanced production as well

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 03:15:58 PM »
Hi John,

Amazing production - so dense and intricately arranged. A treat for the ears particularly on phones. It has all the energy and attack that the drum track suggests. A perfect showcase for your rock style vocals.

M

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 03:37:14 PM »
real exciting track john
really pumps along 
loads of ideas and passing of the ball in the mix
things popping up like on a ghost train
never a dull moment
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2018, 09:42:31 PM »
This is really excellent John.

Love the repeating guitar riff.

Got an 80s feel, with a Specials meets the Buzzcocks feel.

Clever lyrics

You made the challenge seem really easy....hats of to you.

Sandeep

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 03:43:18 PM »
Hi John, loved the sounds in this and the chord progressions,all combining nicely to give an intriguing overall feel. Your throaty Lennon style vocal complementing too! Loved the guitar phrases along the way.
Good stuff!
Cheers
Jamie

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 07:43:25 PM »
Hi John. Must admit. I didn't fully appreciate this on first listen. It grows exponentially though with every playthrough. (I'm on my 3rd listen) . This could be the winner for me. Melody is initially understated but the depth of production and an X factor I can't articulate makes this a front runner for me. Such a great competition. As a Clash fan I'm just blown away.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 08:25:34 PM »
I like these almost scratchy, agitated guitar sounds and catchy riffing. The song really moves along and captures an infectious energy for sure. Add on these drawling vocals and yes, it's a winner!  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

katiewilson1

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2018, 06:48:06 PM »
Great guitars - good track it didn't do it for me as much as some of your other songs but I'd still give it a 7 1/2 out of 10
Still an excellent number and I know it's a popular choice for the drum challenge