I'm Not the Man for You

• 25 Replies

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 01:12:36 PM »
Well I liked that hook myself, no need to be subtle all the time, well that's my motto! Great tone in that voice and the harmonies only strengthen that purposely rough tone, in a way you'd maybe here in something by The Pogues.

Admirable guitar playing too, enjoyable track all round. Good one!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 06:56:21 AM »
Really super guitar work sir, even by your high standards - the solos and licks are fresh and unpredictable. Then that falsetto reach in the chorus is the other big hook. Short but leaves you wanting more. Somehow Harrison-esque to my ears.
It's all too beautiful.

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 08:39:25 AM »
Hi SKub,

Great performance, my favourite part at 2:14.

Song its self not much I can speak about - everything made great with cool levels, can feel a professional attitude and hand on that.

Well done.
Thank you for sharing.

Best Regards,
Slava B.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 09:17:45 PM »
@refusedrevival

Cheers RR. Logic's production kit drummer puts the cymbals off centre,I didn't really notice before!

@Katie Wilson

Thanks Katie,I'll take Bowie comparisons all day long!  :D

@PaulAds

Ha! you must be the only person in the world who loves my voice! Ta Paul,I wuv you!  :D

@redrhodie

I'll keep on it Lynn!  ;D

@adamfarr

Ta Adam. I use my son's 6 string bass as a baritone guitar on the top strings and as a bass on the bottom. It's a handy tool.  :)

@mickyplankton

I limp a bit more after every song Micky,I suffer for my art!  :D

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 08:37:33 PM »
Whato skub

An interesting  vocal delivery, reminds me of someone, can't put me finger on it. Will sound grrrrrreat in the punk drumming competition...

regards

cpm

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 03:55:07 AM »
Good job here skub - it sounds just like ... you!
Love the high vocals - right in tune. Perfect length and clever lyrics.
Lyric reminds me of Dylan's "It ain't Me Babe"

Paul

Almosthumanrobot

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2018, 01:19:21 PM »
Really good song man, it's got some great old school vibes to it as the rest has mentioned already. However, you layer it in such a way that it remains interesting throughout. Bass doing funky stuff, 2 guitars playing off each other, nice drums etc. Im normally not a fan of this style, but you find a way to make it interesting. Honestly, if you could get this to the right people you might get pretty far. Just look at the people on this forum, everybody loves it!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 10:23:51 AM »
Hi,

This is a rather lovely thing. The chorus is so strong - you're right to plug it. I loved your vocals especially the high notes in falsetto - very effective. You have a great vocal tone. Everything is in place here - nothing I would change. A very strong piece of writing and performance.

M

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 12:02:16 PM »
Hey Skub, is there no end to your eclectic talents, you're just a big show off! ;) Especially those high notes, wearing the extra tight trousies that day?Excellent stuff, great harmonies and guitaring as usual, love it!
Cheers
Jamie

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 01:39:28 PM »
Cool song Davy.

Some amazing singing and as usual great guitars.

Like the sentiment of the lyrics.

An enjoyable listen.

Sandeep

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 11:01:33 PM »
Sorry I've been a bit behind with thanking everyone on this one. I blame John,Paul and the drum comp!

@Mikey

Ta Mikey. Yeah Andy has been a great help with my vocal difficulties and very generous with his knowledge.  :)

@MIchaelA

Thank you very much,Michael.  :)

@PaulyX

Wow,ta Pauly.  8)

@SlavaB

Glad to share man,thanks for listening.  :)

@cowparsleyman

Thanks CPM.  :)

@Paulski

Ha! there's no escaping me! Ta Paul.  ;D

@Almosthumanrobot

Ha! Sometimes I get as far as the shops and back. Thanks for your kind remarks.  8)

@montydog

I'm blown away by your comments,Alan. I'm forever insecure about my singing/voice. Thanks for your support.  :)

@Jamie

Eclectic talents? Is that like an eclectic guitar? I have some of those!  :D Ta Jamie.

@Movin Flavour

Thanks for your time and comments,Sandeep.  :)