konalavadome

Collab Idea First take then pass it on.

• 4 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: May 19, 2018, 02:51:26 PM »
Just remembered that my daughter and I used to play this game, we'd do a song only of first takes, not allowed a 2nd, and what fun we had.

Here's how it works

I'll start the thing off with a drum track, then I choose another forum member to add their's they can choose their instrument, genre, they don't have to play much, bit it MUST be a first take, even if it's distorted, including mistakes, outtakes etc. on vox. Then they pass it on etc. like pass the parcel.

I guess it needs a limit of passes, so maybe the first run of say 10 to prove the idea, and learn from the mistakes

use Google drive or sim ialr to download it, maybe use a naming convention for the file date stamp etc.

I would need to know who contributed what track, and of course the bit depth and sample rate would need to be constant throughout.

I'll offer to mix it...(what am I letting myself in for...)

Any ideas, thoughts, has this been done already?

Thanks for reading

CPM

dasntn

• Open Mic
  • Nex't'Nothin - my main gig
    • Nex't'Nothin
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 04:49:44 PM »
Hi CPM

sounds an interesting idea - no guarantee of how good the final recording will be! Not sure I could stop myself from doing a minor edit/retake  :-\ but I could try to be very good!

Dave

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 08:57:59 AM »
Hi Dave

That's the thing, the end product won't be slick, just a lot of fun and a huge wedge of honesty...

Very similar to not licking your lips when eating a doughnut.

CPM

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 07:29:10 PM »
Sounds like fun. I couldn't keep myself from doing retakes, either. Honesty is good, but so is ending up with a sound that makes you want to do it again. Maybe I'm not a good subject for this game. Too much of a perfectionist.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 08:22:36 AM »
That's the thing Jenna, I'm quite a perfectionist, so it's a step out of ones comfort zone, with the entrance ticket that says 'it's OK to make a few mistakes and not a serious thing', quite a riot of fun really...

Maybe I'll kick it off with some rather iffy drums.

It's cool if it's not your thing

Regards

cpm