Melodyne Studio

• 1 Replies

nectar

• Busker
« on: May 18, 2018, 01:26:44 PM »
I see that there is a sale (-50%) on Melodyne upgrades, which brings Studio into range of affordability for me.

Is anybody using Melodyne Studio? If so, are the extra features worth it? Multi-track editing and automatic quantisation of backing vocals against the lead vocal would be definite pluses for me. I'm not sure if I would end up using the ability to edit the pitch of individual notes within a recorded chord. Are there any other killer features of Studio that I'm not taking into account?

Thanks

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 09:14:57 AM »
Hi Nectar

I upgraded to Studio and it is definitely worth it, I find that having all tools available is satisfying, and I have used some of the Studio only features occasionally, not often, but if they ain't there one can't use them.

I haven't used the chord note edit, but i might....

My advice would be to watch a couple of videos and then decide, I use it mainly for vocals and shifting HVox about, but just ensure they are super clean and that you have a lot of Melodyne buffer space, otherwise audio artefacts can creep in. Tech support from Melodyne is superb.

Good luck and let me know what you decide.

cpm