konalavadome

My Lack of Participation, An Update

• 20 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: May 14, 2018, 03:17:50 PM »
If you've noticed I've been mostly absent for awhile...it's been a distracting stretch the past several months, with a string of family health issues, which (I hope) are drawing to a close--or at least slowing down. My daughter's cancer (beginning last summer; treatment recently completed, for now), putting my mother in memory care in November (she's doing quite well there, surprising--and delighting--me), and my dad's series of heart attacks, beginning in January (he had a pacemaker installed last Wednesday, so I hope those are over now).

Once Dad is recovered and I don't have to spend so much time at his place (I don't have much to do there, but there's no internet, so I just practice, read, and write), I'm hoping I'll be able to spend more time here again.

I feel as if I know many people here, after interacting with you for a couple years. So I miss having you around when I can't spend time reading the posts and listening to the music. So, I'm writing to you here, just to feel a bit connected.  :D  I have been dropping in briefly once in awhile to listen to a song and write a brief response here and there. Now you know why it hasn't been more....

Vicki

PS: By the way, every time I post a new message, the system gives me an error, misleading me to believe it didn't post. I no longer post it again, but I'm just mentioning it in case no one knows about the glitch? I think it's happening to other people, as well, as I often see the same post twice in a row.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:20:28 PM by CaliaMoko »

Katie Wilson

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 05:25:01 PM »
Hi Vicki sounds like you've had a rough time of it lately , hopefully things are on the up - you've always been so helpful to me .
Love and hugs Katie xxx

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 07:25:29 PM »
It sounds like you're over the worst, Vicki. It sounds like it's been awful. I can imagine, unfortunately. I really hope everyone gets much better soon.

Thanks for the reviews you've managed. I totally understand if you can't, so don't worry about it. I look forward to being able to review something of yours. Hopefully you'll get a chance to record something soon!

Lynn

Vintage54

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 09:24:23 PM »

Hello Vicki,

Life has certainly tested your resolve, glad to hear things are on an upward curve. You're a valued member of this community, a stalwart, and your comments on other people's work are second to none. Good to hear from you again.

Welcome home.
                                 Vintage54

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 09:30:41 PM »
Hi Vicky

We all miss you, I’m sure (I know I do)  but understand you’ve got a lot going on right now. You’re strength and positivity is quite something.

I’ve been really busy of late too...but I’m still confident we’ll get our collab done in time for the drum challenge competition  :)

Paul x
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 10:37:13 PM »
Yo Vicki,good to hear from ya!  :)

It sound like life is settling down a bit for you and your family,I'm sure you'll welcome that!

Family comes first,so everyone completely understands why you've had to prioritize.

I sometime get the error message when trying to post,but it usually only happens when posting from my phone.I also get an 'unsafe connection' sometimes when logging in via the phone. Maybe just wrinkles to be ironed out from the forum upgrade. @tone

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 12:28:31 AM »
Hi Vicki

Nice to hear from you - hang in there.
You're sorely missed but I'm sure things will turn around in your world. ;D ;D

Best
Paul

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 01:28:10 AM »
Miss you, girly! Don't forget to take care of you, too. Hugs!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 06:26:11 AM »
Great to hear that things seem to be less bleak, hope so, that's a lot to deal with for anyone.
Look forward to seeing you whenever you want and can!
(and I haven't forgotten what I promised to look at - I had a few ideas while out in the hills the other day...)
Best wishes
Adam

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 04:21:02 PM »
Hope to see you back in full flow soon then Vicki. Not that I've been on here much myself lately and that's without having had to deal with what you've been going through!
Your positive outlook and energy are an inspiration.
All the best.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 04:24:18 PM »
Vicki, you were one of the first people that listened to my first song when I joined earlier this year, I was very humbled by that, and you were very welcoming, thanks

Glad that things are looking a little brighter, do keep us updated.

cpm

dasntn

• Open Mic
  • Nex't'Nothin - my main gig
    • Nex't'Nothin
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 05:19:03 PM »
Hi Vicki

you've been through some really tough times, but it does sound like you are coming through that stage which is a relief.
Glad to be part of a forum that offers it's members such a lot of support, in so many ways

cheers
Dave

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 10:10:29 PM »
I sometime get the error message when trying to post,but it usually only happens when posting from my phone.I also get an 'unsafe connection' sometimes when logging in via the phone. Maybe just wrinkles to be ironed out from the forum upgrade. @tone

I get the error too sometimes... I'm still looking into it - it's really odd. Rest assured I'll hunt it down and set my dogs on it in the end. It's just a matter of time!

Nice to see you on the boards Vicki, and glad life is easing up on you a little. Sounds like you've been through some very tough times. You've earned many years of easy living when the dust settles IMO. :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 02:39:20 AM »
See, that's what I'm talking about. This forum is one of the most supportive environments in the universe. Makes my life better.

Next I need to get out and partake of a little public performing. That always gives me a boost. And it's been awhile.

Thank you, all you wonderful people!