konalavadome

Stranger

• 21 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 01:14:38 AM »
You nailed the genre - sounds very pro.
not a genre I listen to, but I thought most current pop uses more echo effects and hard auto-tune on the vox than this. The vox are great BTW - I just wanted some more pizzaz effects-wise.

Paul

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2018, 08:00:40 AM »
Hi
neat tune, catchy.
All topped off with very effective vocals which sound slightly alienated and fir brilliantly with the genre.
And then it builds to repeating epic ending. Smart
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2018, 05:45:39 PM »
You're right this is a real Eurovision song.

A modern song that would easily get into today's charts.

Excellent vocals and cool production.

A good listen.

Sandeep

Veance

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2018, 10:45:55 PM »
Hope I'm not too blunt...
I like the potential in this song. It is catchy.
Luv the voice.

The song's beginning was quit fresh, but it kept a bit hanging were it was. There was little movement within the songs construction. And especially in the chorus  I was hoping for some , i don't know, explosion?
Or maybe that wasn't your goal.

And the pattern the chords you use do remind me a bit of Robyn. But that's maybe why I would use some higher notes in your pattern as well. I don't know if I explained myself allright?
And from the moment You sing 'take my love' I would change the percussion somehow.
If you listen to Dancing on my own from 'robyn' or maybe take 'hang with me'... You will know what I mean...hopefully.

That's just my idea to get the full potential I see in it.

I liked the end part a lot. Maybe You could use that idea more in the song?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:24:30 PM by Veance »
nil volentibus arduum

Paulnl

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2018, 05:16:40 PM »
I can imagine dancing to this.  I think the lyrics work, they have a poetry to them.  I wonder whether that's important in a euro-pop song. 

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2018, 07:11:37 AM »
Good piece of catchy synth pop, all the pieces in the right place. Rhythm, chord changes and vocals combining to make you want to taps your toes and head to the dance floor.
glad I listened.
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

pnb

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2018, 04:03:11 PM »
Thanks to everyone for their feedback on this track so far...really appreciate it.

Recognise its not every ones cup of tea style wise..

Personally, I've always felt that chords and melody are what make a great song...not production..thats just the final veneer. I could imagine any song I write being performed/produced in almost any style. I could certainly hear this song being performed in a fairly heavy rock style.

In any case, I thought I'd post the stripped back version that perhaps gives the chords and melody more space and room to breathe in the hope that it might have further appeal.

Anyway, thanks again..greatly appreciate your thoughts.