Old song about to be updated.

• 4 Replies

Johnnyuk

« on: May 11, 2018, 10:41:53 PM »
Hi,
This old song of mine is now 9 yrs old but i am about to re work it.
Pick it apart all you want i don't mind. :)
It's very old and is full of mistakes so i don't mind at all.
I was asked by my niece too write her a song for her wedding day. This is what i wrote and she used it for her wedding day.
Here is the song from 9 yrs ago.
Johnny :)

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 03:22:58 PM »
Hi Johnny

It's very well produced. Sounds great quality. The lyrics are typically....what's the word...soppy? (I'm sure there's a better word)....but that's the point, weddings are soppy!! So I think for that you've hit the nail on the head here. Very nice that you've written this for your niece too, it will always hold meaning for her.

In terms of developing/rework this I think it would be interesting if you made it a little grittier, if that makes sense. 9 years have past and it's amazing how things can change in this time, including perspectives. I think a rework that reflects on the past 9 years since the special day could be really interesting. I think you have a great starting point here, good luck with it. Be good to hear where you go with it

Kind regards

Darren

Johnnyuk

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 05:13:25 PM »
Hi Darren,
Thanks for taking a listen. Yeah it's an oldie and soppy but she loved it.
I know what you mean about making it grittier and last night i started working on it and it is flowing nicely and with a little more depth to it music wise and i've noticed there is far more room vocally for it in the newer version but time will tell.
I'll keep messing with it and once i get a decent structure i'll post it in here. It won't have the vocal for a while cos i'm still not over my sore throat so i have to wait another two weeks but hopefully i'll get a vocal on it too in a few weeks.
Thanks again for the feedback.
Much appreciated.
Johnny :)

ps: Here is what i did last night for it Darren. It's just a basic verse then chorus music repeated with a little more grit like you mentioned.

Link: https://allihoopa.com/s/xpNcHzEF
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 10:12:11 PM by Johnnyuk »

kadorman

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 08:24:31 AM »
This topic is most useful.

katiewilson1

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 07:00:29 PM »
Hi Johnny i saw your I say I do and it was a nice soppy song but as you say maybe a re-vamp.

Now I don't know where my ideas come from but I was thinking "Rap " , yes I know rap - I can see it all sharpened - up with drums beats of tch tch tch - I say I do do do - I give it all to you you you -

Maybe you can't see it or it's not your thing , I can just see you with your DJ Johnny hat on spinning the discs .

Let me know what you think Katie xxx