That Empathetic Man

• 16 Replies

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 02:44:59 PM »
Hi Tom.

Another cool and effortless track, Real easy to listen to.

Agree with Monty, why are we not hearing this commercially.

Studio versions of your tracks would be awesome. But love the feel of them, sound like you just sitting your lounge chilin.

Great work chap.

Andy

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 02:38:36 PM »
That was a nice listen,
There were turns n twists in the voice that reminded me of my days when I was obsessed with Dylan's music. 
Excellent guitar And production.

Thanks for sharing.
Hi Rightly,
Thanks a lot for listening and commenting.....always appreciated, and always nice to be reminded of Dylan.
Thanks, again.

From the title I couldn't help thinking of "Inebriated Man" - that soon went when the playing started. Great composition and nice subtle political content.

Just one thing - there's quite a bit of audible breathing - not sure if that was when you did the guitar track... (Oh no, am I turning into "that guy"?) Anyway it's definitely human and live which is the way this music should be.

Hi Adam....not breathing....it the whoosh of street cars outside my home. I've learned to live with it.....sorry!
I'm glad you liked it......and thanks for listening and commenting!

It's great Tom, simple and thoughtful and well worth a few listens, getting better each time.

Still not sure on which side of the political dividing lines we have now, you come down on but that is part of the universality of the songwriting.
The frustration comes across and is understandable to all.

Super!

Thanks Tom.....I appreciate it. That is a great compliment. I didn't want his song to be grossely political and offensive....it's more about the frustration some of us are feeling in this ever changing culture. That's all.
Thanks, again, for listening and commenting.

Wow. This is outstanding. Makes me want to go out and write a protest song. Lyrics are superb. All the more powerful for being subtle. Very relatable. We live in such a polarised world now, and this song absolutely nails the sadness of this fact.
Reminds me a bit of Dylan, who was the master of acoustic protest songs. Fine singing and playing. This is great work. Cheers Micky.

Yea.......thanks for listening and commenting..........I wanted to make a turn in my writing and start writing about issues in my day to day life. It's refreshing to me, getting away from the "Love" songs I've been used to.
Thanks, man!

And thanks to all who have commented!
                                                                        8) -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee