best site for sound quality

• 21 Replies

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 01:10:05 PM »
@domstone 256kps is overkill for internet streaming. Also, read my science-y post above - most sites SUFFER from larger bitrates on streaming. Download is different naturally.

@Ramshackles Hehehe....colour scheme!!  :D  They are in beta for a new HTML site that looks much more slick, and is iOS compatable (FINALLY!!). And embedding has always been fine through soundcloud or reverbnation to me

I think its largely important to cover all the main bases as far as promotion goes. And then pick your personal favourite to post on places like here :)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

gerrybhoy

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »
@Tina,

I use Soundcloud and upload WAVs, sometimes I have to adjust the mix, after a listen on Soundcloud but I think it's ok.
singerysongwritery type individual a natural born weegieburger and lover of the black country dogs

domj

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 08:42:44 AM »
I've come across Bandcamp and think it's pretty awesome. You upload your wave file and people have the option of what format they want to download it in.
The quality is very good and it's free.
Very simple non fussy layout, great stats. http://bandcamp.com/

SimonOlder

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 03:41:31 PM »
Soundcloud is the best for one off tracks I think but yeah bandcamp is awesome if your doing an EP or album. The layout makes the artwork prominent and the download/price setting options are great too. You also get much bet stat info than on soundcloud without upgrading your account. it doesn't have the social aspect of soundcloud though although you can easily link to facebook and twitter. It's also great for discovering other artist

rickd1

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 02:16:24 PM »
For me soundcloud and YouTube are
 best. We have used band camp which is also great and allows you to put all your artwork, etc. up

Rick
http://soundcloud.com/red-planet

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 06:54:06 PM »
well i started this thread & i still think soundclick gives the best quality streaming ....yes its crap evry other way but i wasnt asking about that
actually youtube is good aswell but totaly infuriating for making videos go out of sync with the sound when you upload videos
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

marcustaylor

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 07:47:39 AM »
Soundcloud is good, I usually recommend bands upload there music to SC and then use something like Presskit.to to actually send their music out (I don't think Soundcloud pages look very good as EPKs). That said, a few friends back home just upload to Youtube using high quality settings, embed them in a mobile site like Telnames and use that. All depends on what you're after. I think Bandcamp also integrates Soundcloud?