Breathe Easy - Unfinished arrangement

• 9 Replies

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« on: April 29, 2018, 08:12:31 AM »
Took time out from other songs we should finish to half start recording this one  ;D

https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles/breathe-easy-unfinished/s-K9sKJ

It's unmixed so expect to turn the volume up...
Some things I'm still thinking about:
- should there be a chorus of 'oohs' on the 'ooh' bit...
- Percussion through the first half?
- Toying with the idea of having the whole second half of the song a 3 part harmony
- I liked the synth/ambient sound at the beginning but then I didn't use it elsewhere...I'm thinking about creating a kind of ambient bed that comes in and out
- How to mix... Not really sure yet what kind of 'feel' to go for when mixing
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 09:50:30 AM by Ramshackles »

Johnnyuk

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 08:35:22 PM »
Hi,
I just went to take a listen but it would not play?
Maybe put it up on soundcloud as i have that so i can then take a listen to it?
Johnny :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 08:45:45 PM by Johnnyuk »

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 09:45:41 AM »
Thanks for pointing that out @Johnnyuk , I've replaced the original link with a soundcloud one

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 08:56:17 PM »
Dear Shackles

Nice tune, lovely vocals, sounds similar to the 'loin of the mouse' I did actually get 0% for my French exam at school.

Nice accurate chord delivery on the acoustic guitar, when the bass comes in it's really cool, thought a male voice might sit well there, love the wide strumming parts, works very well. Love the dissonant bass notes.

sounds like some of the LVox are a tad off beam

Nice song, sound like there's some space for a solo instrument leading up to the end, maybe a violin, or a trumpet?

thanks for a lovely tune.

cpm

Johnnyuk

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 08:08:15 AM »
Hi Ramshackles,
Nice song.
It reminds me of a cover song this guy below did (style wise).
He only used a minimal structure so maybe try doing a version in a similar manner first, you can always add more later on etc..

Here is the song i'm talking about. I hope this helps you.

Johnny :)

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 01:10:06 AM »
I don't have much constructive to say, but it's great. Love the vocals. I like the break at 2 minutes. Has a 60s folk vibe. Cool song.

dasntn

• Open Mic
  • Nex't'Nothin - my main gig
    • Nex't'Nothin
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 06:36:16 PM »
Hi
I thought I'd commented a while back, but I see I didn't!!

Like this a lot, especially the guitar picking (and banjo?) in the first part. As ever, a lovely delicate vocal melody line, although there are a couple of pitching issues.

I think the synth bit just being at the start works fine, I'm not sure it would add much appearing elsewhere.

Definitely would not bring in drums before 1 min 20 at the earliest - that early picking is so distinctive. And the way it comes in with the bass and jangly-ish strumming seems to give a more definite junction point. Love the feel of this part.

The idea of 3 part harmonies through that part would be very interesting to hear.

Sounds really good!!
cheers
Dave

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 09:14:52 AM »
Thanks @dasntn - its a ukelele :D

This song has been sidetracked by the 'drum competition' thing I (foolishly) decided to try...
Hopefully I'll get back to it in a week.

@Johnnyuk thanks..I'll take a listen although I'd be a bit worried about it influencing me and then I end up with a less original song...

katiewilson1

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 08:26:46 AM »
Hi you've a lovely voice, I'd like to know the lyrics , I'd normally say too long but it works , it takes me up in the clouds , you hold the high notes so well , there's not much to.say apart from I like it .
Your voice touched me - very impressed with your range, will add to my playlist on spotify- I think a 9-10 for me , not my usual thing but really easy to listen to

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 03:12:30 PM »
Thanks @katiewilson1 ... I'll pass your compliments on to my partner (she doesn't really post on the forum very often).

Hopefully when we get back to finishing this song we can elevate it a touch more to make it that bit more interesting...