Songwriter Forum > Resources & Marketing

Film placements -- royalty-based contracts?

<< < (2/4) > >>

PopTodd:
This has not yet been sorted out. Still don't have a lawyer or a contract. I want to make sure that there is something to work out before I engage the services of a legal professional (and associated costs).
But they are still in editing and figuring out just what music they want to use.
I've been in touch and he said that he will get back to me as soon as they have it all figured out.
I made it clear that I am interested. So, hopefully, it will work out.

tone:
It's worth mentioning that some PRO's might be able to advise on legal matters. I know the MU (musician's union) in the UK have sample licensing contracts and such like you can download and modify for your own purposes. Maybe there's something like that in North America too?

Let us know Todd - your songs more than deserve to be in the movies. I think you're in with an excellent chance.

PopTodd:
Thanks, Tone!
I'm, BMI affiliated, so I will put in a call to them and see if there are any resources available. And, thanks for the encouragement. You already know that I think highly of your tunes.

KamInnons:
I agree constructive critism helps...some of this just comes across as a bit rude and presumptuous.<br><br>If I had the money it would have been done a long time ago.  :P<br><br>Besides MY QUESTION WAS ..How do I go about getting my name out to them  Any suggestions ??  

PopTodd:
So, I didn't follow up on this I guess.
The filmmakers DID use one of my songs! We worked out a contract ($0 upfront, but royalties once the film starts making money).
And, the movie is now DONE. They are shopping it around to festivals and, as soon as it has its premiere, I will be able to see (and share) the scene that features my tune.
It's this one:
https://hoponpop.bandcamp.com/track/for-my-friends

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version