konalavadome

Avicii

• 6 Replies

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« on: April 20, 2018, 06:53:35 PM »
According to the rounds of the internet Avicii has died. His music probably wasn't the cup of tea of choice for many on here but I loved his music and have to say I'll certainly miss his music. The guy had a hell of an influence on the EDM/Pop scene in recent years.

https://www.spin.com/2018/04/avicii-dead-statement/

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »
Rip Tim Bergling.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 08:12:50 PM »
We used to do a live version of 'Wake me Up'. A great party song.

28 is no age to shuffle off. Earning a living from music at any level isn't usually a healthy option. Most of my old cohorts on the local scene are either long gone or mostly f**ked.

forth_loft

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 09:34:42 AM »
Such a sad thing, I was heartbroken! I was and still am a great fan of his!
Regards,
E.C.

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 12:48:23 AM »

28 is no age to shuffle off. Earning a living from music at any level isn't usually a healthy option. Most of my old cohorts on the local scene are either long gone or mostly f**ked.

I was disheartened to see such a young talent cash in his chips. Why is it, do you suppose, that this is so prevalent among artists? I'm curious about the psychology behind it. A new acquaintance of mine calls it 'performance sickness,' and relates it to looking for a high that compares to that achieved from a live performance.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 03:56:17 PM »

I was disheartened to see such a young talent cash in his chips. Why is it, do you suppose, that this is so prevalent among artists? I'm curious about the psychology behind it. A new acquaintance of mine calls it 'performance sickness,' and relates it to looking for a high that compares to that achieved from a live performance.

Good question Jenna. It would probably take a shrink to answer with any degree of credibility.

Having associated with musicians and creative people all my life,I've noticed some trends.

The creative mind feels more,often way out of proportion. We run on our emotions and logic is usually way down the list.

We can pour our heart into a song about a relationship breakup and care more about the song and the process,than the people involved. I have done this many times.There is a level of autism and I think most of us are on the spectrum to some degree.

The pursuit of perfection in our chosen art is cathartic,yet destructive.

We love gear that gives us an alternative perspective,this leads us naturally into the arena of substance abuse,legal and otherwise. I used to have a guitar book which advocated 'getting off your head',because it will take you new places in your playing.

Very probably,success will amplify the fragile nature of what is already there,but I don't think success is the root of the problem,I firmly believe it's simply the nature of the beast.

I find now,alcohol and other stimulants kill my creativity and my motivation,but I'm really struggling to shake off the habits. For the likes of Avicii,It's not hard to imagine the excess possible,when money no longer matters. It's very easy to die,mentally and physically.

I've met some really beautiful souls in my lifetime in music,but loads of them are utterly feckless and will absolutely let you down.

Great music,maybe any music comes with a hell of a price tag. The old 'Robert Johnston at the crossroads' scene,isn't as far fetched as some may imagine.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 03:59:43 PM by Skub »

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 06:06:48 PM »
Having associated with musicians and creative people all my life,I've noticed some trends.

The creative mind feels more,often way out of proportion. We run on our emotions and logic is usually way down the list.

We can pour our heart into a song about a relationship breakup and care more about the song and the process,than the people involved. I have done this many times.There is a level of autism and I think most of us are on the spectrum to some degree.

The pursuit of perfection in our chosen art is cathartic,yet destructive.

We love gear that gives us an alternative perspective,this leads us naturally into the arena of substance abuse,legal and otherwise. I used to have a guitar book which advocated 'getting off your head',because it will take you new places in your playing.

Very probably,success will amplify the fragile nature of what is already there,but I don't think success is the root of the problem,I firmly believe it's simply the nature of the beast.

That's what I was wondering, if performing artists are drawn, or pushed into the performing arts because they do feel emotions so intensely. Autism spectrum had come to my mind, as some are downright genius but incredibly backward socially. John Mayer comes to mind. That intense emotion of an empath needs an outlet and art and music are the perfect, constructive way to let it go if you're able.

It's sad that so many are left feeling empty and alone after the show, though. It's almost as if that's the only real connection they have with the outside world, other than their band mates and crew. I would imagine there's a lot of deceit surrounding every successful act, too, being the nature of human greed.