Serpent Holy Serpent

• 4 Replies

Tommy Blixt

• Open Mic
    • https://soundcloud.com/knownasbeppe
« on: May 02, 2018, 09:04:22 PM »
Yeah so I made this piece. It's a bit hollow in the sense that I havn't filled this song with my pure essence. It's only a story from somehting I perceive as freightening. Being in absolutly no control and having to rely on someone who is a harsh cold serpent of a human being.
Anyway, here is the song:

https://soundcloud.com/knownastymm/serpent-holy-serpent

Lyircs:

Baby
You're so baby
Pull me
Further down
My skin is dragged across the ground

Serpent
Holy Serpent
Will you harm me for my sins
Pull me
Further down
My hands are reaching for your eye

Honey
Oh.. Honey
Should I pierce my open wounds
Helpless
In your embrace
I drift into a hellish haze

Where death is all life
Rotten flowers will parade the morning skies
Making our time meaningless

SERPENT ADLIB

With love
Tommy Blixt

Johnnyuk

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 09:20:47 PM »
Hi Tommy,
This is a great song!
Loads of potential just from the intro. Even before the vocal kicked in i knew it was gonna be good and boy did you deliver.
I understand that you have posted this in the finished song section here but there are still some minor issues with it vocally in parts imo ( it's just about the lack of clarity in your vocal in just a few places which are easy to fix if you chose to do so or you can just leave it as it is, your decision.) but i am certain that you will figure it out and if you think it needs a bit more clarity in places for the vocal you will do just that.
A great and very original song!
Johnny :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:26:47 PM by Johnnyuk »

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 09:41:00 PM »
I really like this, the track is quite haunting, and its well performed, I like the darkness in the lyrics and the way they fit so well in the track

Mikey

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 10:00:55 PM »
 @Tommy Blixt

Great track and something quite different from you. The smooth intro practiced to deceive and when the tortured angsty vocals made an entrance,the bitter scene was set.

The lyrics,the sound and the vocals drip pain and poison.

A very accomplished track Tommy,ta for posting.  8)

Tommy Blixt

• Open Mic
    • https://soundcloud.com/knownasbeppe
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 10:13:40 AM »

I understand that you have posted this in the finished song section here but there are still some minor issues with it vocally in parts imo ( it's just about the lack of clarity in your vocal in just a few places which are easy to fix if you chose to do so or you can just leave it as it is, your decision.) but i am certain that you will figure it out and if you think it needs a bit more clarity in places for the vocal you will do just that.

Thank you for your feedback!
Now I will explain the reason for the lack of clarity! I found this nice filter on my timeless 2 delay called "lofi something" and I tried to put it on the master. I find that this effect adds to the emotion of the song. Sure, I have to sacrifice some clarity in the progress but I think it's worth it! You can check out some more of my songs where I didn't out the filter on to hear that singing clarity!

@Tommy Blixt

Great track and something quite different from you. The smooth intro practiced to deceive and when the tortured angsty vocals made an entrance,the bitter scene was set.

The lyrics,the sound and the vocals drip pain and poison.

A very accomplished track Tommy,ta for posting.  8)

Hello Skub! Thank you! It's been a long time since I was on this forum. It's nice to have such a great welcome back :) My sounds has changed a bit since the last time I posted.
Thank you again for your kind and poetic words!