Tell Me How

• 4 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« on: April 17, 2018, 08:44:55 PM »
Hope this reads well:

Tell Me How

Tell me how our love should be, that we may  live in peace.
A knowing smile, a gentle kiss, hostility must cease.

It's easy when you love someone to know you've lost your way,
to find yourself adrift at sea, to not know what to say.

Tell me how our love should be, don't complicate the prose.
I'm sure it's not too difficult to shed these winter clothes.

We stand apart, adversaries, no reason to be so.
I have to leave this hurt behind but I can't let you go.

Tell me how our love should be, before the curtain falls.
Tell me how our love should be, that we may then recall

that love could never delete,
won't hurt, won't weaken, won't mistreat,
that love, would never deny,
won't shame, accuse, won't falsify.

Tell me, how our love should be.

Johnnyuk

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 09:26:22 PM »
Hi wicked,
I really like your lyrics.
You paint a great picture of a couple in crisis.
Maybe a mid life one or it could be even something more?
But again your lyrics are pretty clear right now as they are and can only get clearer as you fine tune them, so you are gonna find it pretty easy to put music to it because of your clear writing.

Johnny :)

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 03:30:48 PM »
Hi Wicked!

I think the lyrics work really well. I get this feeling of the main character taking a step back and reflecting. Using words to processes pain. Kind of poetic.

The 'that love could never delete...' I get a different feeling. It doesn't have the same natural flow as the rest. This contrast might prove valuable if you turn it into a song.

Martin

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 07:16:53 PM »
Hi Wicked,

Some nice imagery here. I had to read it a couple of times where some of the lyrics seemed a little off, but when I re-read them in context I realised they actually work.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 09:08:33 PM »
Hey Johnny,. This is indeed a story about a couple in crisis.  Almost everythingthat I write is based on personal experience. As far as the lyrics go, this is finished. I write Harmony and melidy along with the lyrics so this is a finished song. The lyrics will remain the same as I've said exactly what I wished to say. The magic will begin when I produce this song. Having said that, it is loaded with emotion when played as a guitar/vocal song. I'm pleased that you like it my friend.

Martin, you've hit the nail on the head. This is a song written in reflection after a devastating break up, followed by a reunion. Wishing to avoid a repeat of recent events, this is a plea that says "hey, we can't go through this again. Tell me how our love should be.". I thought the delete line might throw one or two readers of the scent. It's about contemplating deleting your partner's contact detsils or deleting that person from your life. In reflection, I'm saying that I  believe that "love, could never delete."

I'm quite excited to be producing this song and another called "We Lit The Fuse'. Thank you for your kind review Martin.

Thanks Sterix. The challenge is communicate your thoughts as lyrics, without compromising meaning. It's heart-warming to know that you found meaning in these.

Wicked