konalavadome

Leasowe Beach (now with link, oops)

• 9 Replies

Jack_Diamond.

« on: April 17, 2018, 07:54:34 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/user-993922645-442229940/leasowe-woofwav

Hello! So this song is song about memories i share with someone i was once in a romeo and juliet-esq relationship (where we wanted to be together but others did not and tried to stop it)

Lyrics:

Rain drops please fall down on me
and let me taste the Irish sea
and reminisce of a lonely beach
you hair floats on the ocean breeze
stroll together feeling free
and all we do is simile and speak
and all their voices come and freeze
our hearts rock solid and then squeeze

And all my friends will still be here when we go
And all you friends will still be here when we go

And all the birds and all the bees
outside our window can not see
and all the fruit up on gods tree
there aren't any we cant eat
and for now times ours to keep
the world outside is fast asleep
and all their comments so skin deep
can lie with them whilst we still sleep

And all my friends will still be here when we go
And all your friends will still be here when we go

Pretty birds and flowers in the field its all so good
in the field is where we hid, and where we'll go again
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:42:28 PM by Jack_Diamond. »

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 10:32:00 PM »
There's no link mate.

Yodasdad

Jack_Diamond.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 11:42:50 PM »
Thanks for letting me know

Mike67

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 08:11:47 AM »
I think your song has real potential; nice lyrics and melody and some great instrumentation. However, it's quite difficult to get a real impression from the recording and the vocals are barely audible above the guitar. With the right production this could be really great I think.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 02:50:40 PM »
Hi Jack, like the previous song of yours i commented on, your voice sounds great, the chord progressions are nice and the little guitar licks fit very nicely. Nice change towards the end too. But.....your songs are being hidden behind your recording.Not sure how you are recording but you can barely hear your vocals and the loudest thing is the 'background' sound of raindrops. The vocal needs to be more prominent. There are plenty of people around here who will help you out with your recording gear and recording process if you ask!
Nice song, well sung!
Cheers
Jamie

Jack_Diamond.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 03:30:33 PM »
Thanks. I think the main problem is im having a big problem with removing mic noises, hisses and humms etc. So the vocals are low in the mix to try and hide these noises.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 02:05:32 AM »
Pretty and understated. Subtle and delicate. You have a timeless sound. I don't mind the vocals being so far back. It adds to the fragility. Nice song!

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 09:33:47 PM »
Listened to it twice. It's a decent song and something hypnotic about it. Very delicate. As others have mentioned the mix isn't perfect. The lead guitar elevates the song well when it comes in. Prior to that it's a little thin sounding. There's some talent buried in here though so stick with it mate.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 11:36:36 PM »
Hi Jack
(By the way forum rules are one song every 14 days... check out the guidelines post... wouldn't want you to incur the wrath of the mods... they've got tasers and batons. But since we're here and you're clearly getting stuck in to the forum:)
I liked this one too.  Was listening on my walk to work this morning, along a canal path and it was a good dreamy, atmospheric soundtrack to the ducks.
I'd agree with some of the other comments that the vocals are too buried.  I could not make out what you were singing from the track alone, without reading the lyrics.  I liked the rain sound effect (?) but thought it was too insistent by the end - why not fade it down into the background once the vocals start?  That might also help with the clarity of the vocals.
I do like your mellow, rather melancholic style though.  There's something of Nick Drake about it.  Of the two tracks of yours I've heard so far, there's a definite signature sound that comes across, which is a good thing to have I think.
It's all too beautiful.

Jack_Diamond.

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 01:56:06 PM »
AAhhh! im so sorry! Mods if you're reading this know that i won't do it again, i promise.

Thanks! The nick drake comparison has made my day. I'll definitely try and redo the mix and sort the rain and vocals out.