I can die happy now

• 12 Replies

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« on: April 17, 2018, 03:06:49 PM »
For years I have told people that all I really wanted as a musician—as a songwriter—is to be walking down the street somewhere, in a city where I’ve never been, where I know nobody, and to hear somebody I’ve never met (in person, on a message board, on Facebook, or otherwise) singing one of my songs.
Well...
I received a note on Facebook the other day from somebody that I had never met. With whom I have no mutual friends—virtual or otherwise. And who is from a different part of the world (or at least of the country).
In this note they related to me that they saw a CD copy of Chicken on a Bicycle at a local record fair. The cover art attracted their attention, so they picked it up.
They told me that they put it on and fell in love with it. And that it became "the soundtrack to their college and early adult years." That they listened to it constantly. And that they were "a huge fan" of mine.
A total stranger.
I connected.
My music—a piece of me, became a part of their life—a piece of them.
And they sought me out specifically to tell me so.
It's all I ever wanted since I started making music.
And yeah, I would like to make that connection with more people. And maybe I have. But at least I know for sure that I did with at least one. Total. Stranger.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 03:13:31 PM »
That is so awesome!!! Congratulations! You totally deserve it. Your work is wonderful.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 03:29:15 PM »
It's a cool feeling Pops and it couldn't happen to a nicer chap.  :)

Katie Wilson

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 03:36:50 PM »
That's really nice xxx  thanks for sharing X.

Johnnyuk

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 04:11:25 PM »
For years I have told people that all I really wanted as a musician—as a songwriter—is to be walking down the street somewhere, in a city where I’ve never been, where I know nobody, and to hear somebody I’ve never met (in person, on a message board, on Facebook, or otherwise) singing one of my songs.
Well...
I received a note on Facebook the other day from somebody that I had never met. With whom I have no mutual friends—virtual or otherwise. And who is from a different part of the world (or at least of the country).
In this note they related to me that they saw a CD copy of Chicken on a Bicycle at a local record fair. The cover art attracted their attention, so they picked it up.
They told me that they put it on and fell in love with it. And that it became "the soundtrack to their college and early adult years." That they listened to it constantly. And that they were "a huge fan" of mine.
A total stranger.
I connected.
My music—a piece of me, became a part of their life—a piece of them.
And they sought me out specifically to tell me so.
It's all I ever wanted since I started making music.
And yeah, I would like to make that connection with more people. And maybe I have. But at least I know for sure that I did with at least one. Total. Stranger.

What a wonderful story! I bet you were thrilled! :)
You won't forget that in a hurry either and that will spur you on with your songwriting.
Great stuff!

Johnny :)

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 04:15:47 PM »
Amazing story!

Fantastic stuff
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Mike67

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 04:52:12 PM »
That's truly amazing, and well deserved, but don't hang up this mortal coil yet; we want to hear more of your great songs.😊

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 06:36:56 PM »
What a great story. Wonderful, uplifting. Thanks for letting us all know, just great to hear that.

Rokhart

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 11:03:13 AM »
When someone else gives you that kinda positive feedback- WOW!
Isn’t that what we’re all aiming for? It only takes just one person to get pleasure from something in you’re music to make all that torture worth while.
To have that music as a soundtrack in their life is amazing.
A good guide would be- Write for yourself. Let the honesty shine thru. That’s cool  :)

forth_loft

• Busker
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 01:38:30 PM »
That's awesome! That's a great opportunity! :)
Regards,
E.C.

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 08:27:11 AM »
Great story. Where can we hear the song?

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2018, 09:37:56 PM »
Great story. Where can we hear the song?

No song in particular that he noted, but this was the album that he said was his intro to me and my music:
https://hoponpop.bandcamp.com/album/chicken-on-a-bicycle