Backing Vocals consdierations

• 18 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 07:41:50 AM »
@cowparsleyman my default routing would be BVs always to own bus and then to overall vocal bus, and harmony bussed with the lead. But this might not suit every song. If you have a "voice" that does a bit of both then you could do either of the above, or even do 2 tracks and do both, though I think that would be more unusual...

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2018, 08:33:00 AM »
@cowparsleyman my default routing would be BVs always to own bus and then to overall vocal bus, and harmony bussed with the lead. But this might not suit every song. If you have a "voice" that does a bit of both then you could do either of the above, or even do 2 tracks and do both, though I think that would be more unusual...

Hi Adam, that's interesting.

cpm

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 09:11:10 AM »
@cowparsleyman delaying key lyrics is a great additional thought. And we didn't even get onto "canon"-like ideas or call and response!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 09:30:17 AM »
@cowparsleyman delaying key lyrics is a great additional thought. And we didn't even get onto "canon"-like ideas or call and response!

That's right, forgot about that, what a great idea, thanks for that Adam, I'm going to put that in my phone reminder list, great idea, I loved that song Lucky Stars in the '70's by Dean Friedman, the story unfolding twixt the male and female, really hadn't heard anything like that before, I think subliminally, that was the song that made me record every other line to avoid cramping of line endings (on certain songs), and let them them ring, as it were.

cpm