Slava B. - Emotions

• 13 Replies

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« on: April 17, 2018, 12:35:14 PM »
Hi all,

Inspirations are coming wrote another one, based on your feedbacks. Open to feedbacks, please let me know how it sounds on your speakers as I'm afraid that I put too much high on equalizer?

https://soundcloud.com/slavab/slava-b-emotions

Lyrics :
Verse 1

Sometimes im happy
Sometimes im angry
Sometimes im crying
But mostly smiling

Please understand me
Im human too
And my emotions
Will come through

Chorus

Come Through
Will Come through
My Emotions will
Come through

Verse 2

Youve let me standing
To fight emotions
You always was sure
I can do that

On my own
Im fighting better
oh please dont touch me
Dont touch emotions

Verse 3

I hate to show my anger
I do not like provokes

You start to speak
You start to dig
You start to see temptations growing.

Jack_Diamond.

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 07:45:30 PM »
My favorite track by you slava. Really enjoyed chorus and guitar solo. The only thing id say is the hi-hats sound a bit mechanical at times, maybe try varying the velocities a bit more?

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 10:22:28 PM »
Hi Jack,

Thank you, I appreciate you got favourites from my list. I do appreciate your feedback, and to be honest you are absolutely right in regards to hi-hats, thank you for mentioning this, as I was thinking about it but was not sure if I'm being too picky on myself or this is what it is :)

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Slava B.

dasntn

• Open Mic
  • Nex't'Nothin - my main gig
    • Nex't'Nothin
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 08:58:40 AM »
Hi Slav

that's great! Love the change in dynamic between verses and chorus. Very minor point but in the solo, second phrase sounds like there is a wrong note near the beginning -it happens each time, so maybe that is intentional (or is it cut and paste!) and probably I'm just being picky!

Dave

Rick trodat

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 12:18:56 PM »
To be very honest. Your accent is kinda distracting :-[

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 12:36:49 PM »
Hi Slav

that's great! Love the change in dynamic between verses and chorus. Very minor point but in the solo, second phrase sounds like there is a wrong note near the beginning -it happens each time, so maybe that is intentional (or is it cut and paste!) and probably I'm just being picky!

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your feedback sir  :) It wasnt intenttional to be honest, but good pick up. Thanks for that, i will try to rewrite it.

Best Regards,
Slava B.

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 12:38:07 PM »
To be very honest. Your accent is kinda distracting :-[

Hi Rick,

Thanks for listening, sorry for the accent its kind of a thing i can not change unfortunately lol :) But how do you find a track overall please ?

Best Regards,
Slava B.

Rick trodat

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 01:34:51 PM »
The mix is very good, and played very well.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 03:01:28 PM »
Hi, I find it difficult enough to write and sing in my home language so thumbs up for that! Nice heavy guitars in places. You're halfway to the Rammstein sound with your vocal style so you could go for the full Rammstein effect!
Enjoyed it.
CHeers
Jamie

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 07:47:17 AM »
@SlavaB

Welcome back to the forum

As you have been away for a while I will cut you a little slack this time but please read the forum guidelines as you must leave at least 2 weeks between posting songs

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2564.0

Thanks

Boydie
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 08:29:15 AM »
Hi SlavaB

What a different kind of song, I haven't heard anything like this since I use to go to rock clubs in the '80's.

The vocals remind me of the Volga Boatman/Rammstein/Two Ronnies.

Here's a few ideas Mr B:
I think it would suit the song more if you really pushed your vocals, then they would really be super cool, I don't know if you used a vlave preamp but you could add a bit of warm distortion.  2 tracks of hugely distorted guitars panned not too wide, that'll leave space for your BVox panned wider,  if you going to have a change of mood in the verses, then maybe create the vibe by dropping the quaver hi hats beat into maybe a minim, it's make the transition into the Chorus more pronounced. The drums sounded a little tame, not wild or big enough for the song.

Great effort indeed Slava.

Can you tell me a bit more about how you produced it?

Hope this helps

cpm

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 08:42:10 AM »
The mix is very good, and played very well.

Thank you Rick.

@SlavaB

Welcome back to the forum

As you have been away for a while I will cut you a little slack this time but please read the forum guidelines as you must leave at least 2 weeks between posting songs

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2564.0

Thanks

Boydie

Hi  Boydie,

Thank you very much for giving a slack, i do apologies for inconvenience and not following the rules set, it was my first and last time i did that. My passion sometimes drives me crazy, and as a consiquence does not usually put me in a good position, lol. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Slava B.

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 09:11:05 AM »
Hi SlavaB

What a different kind of song, I haven't heard anything like this since I use to go to rock clubs in the '80's.

The vocals remind me of the Volga Boatman/Rammstein/Two Ronnies.

Here's a few ideas Mr B:
I think it would suit the song more if you really pushed your vocals, then they would really be super cool, I don't know if you used a vlave preamp but you could add a bit of warm distortion.  2 tracks of hugely distorted guitars panned not too wide, that'll leave space for your BVox panned wider,  if you going to have a change of mood in the verses, then maybe create the vibe by dropping the quaver hi hats beat into maybe a minim, it's make the transition into the Chorus more pronounced. The drums sounded a little tame, not wild or big enough for the song.

Great effort indeed Slava.

Can you tell me a bit more about how you produced it?

Hope this helps

cpm

Good Morning cpm,

Thank you for your detailed feedback, such a feedbacks are very appreciated. They help improve a lot.

So far in my arsenal I've got :
x1 Les Paul Electric Guitar 6 strings
x1 Gibson Acoustic Guitar 6 strings
x1 Fender Electro-Acoustic Guitar 12 Strings
x1 Komplete Kontrol S49 keyboard
x1 Audient ID14 - Audio Interface
x1 ISK T2050 Condenser Microphone
x1 FL Studio 12 - Producers edition ( DAW )
x1 Komplete Ultimate 11
x2 Citronic ST Studio Monitors

Well ,

1st - thing I always go for I generate drum sets for the main melody using a studio session drum kit from Native instruments.
2nd - i try to pick interesting chord progression using my acoustic guitar ( not recording, just picking ).
3rd - once chord progression picked up, i then take my electric guitar connected through Audient ID14, and using Guitar Rig 5 in my DAW.
4th - Record it and make arrangery of a track, by adding horns from Native Ultimate 11, using the same chord progression and adjusting volumes.
5th - Once first 40 sec of a track has been arranged i pick my condensed mic, i put Replika XT from Native Instruments VST to give a delay/reverb effect to the voice, and this is where lyrics are start being written and recorded into track - Twice, i do sing and record my vocal twice, main vocal and backing vocal.
6th - Revise drum set, and generate another set for chorus + same apply to guitar record and vocal / lyrics.
7th - By the end of it i have 3-4 minutes of a track with recorded vocal / lyrics.
8th - To finalise the track i use passive EQ and Enhanced EQ to master each channel, that i set earlier for Drums,Horns,Guitar,Bass guitar,Sometimes i add acoustic guitar to support electric guitar at the back, and finally using the same VST to master vocal.
9th - Moving into master channel, once again i put Passive EQ from Native and adjust the final mix in regards to high, mid and low levels.

When I sit down to write a track its a 50/50 chance that i record something. When i sit down to produce I do not have anything that sit in my mind, I just go from a blank list and try to drop few chords to see if it sounds what i like, lyric wise due to my English level unfortunately I cant pass everything what I would possibly would want to pass into audience . I never had lessons in regards to anything related to music or musical instruments, so it kind of gives me an ability to improvise, so that's why sometimes my guitar solo not may not match to the main theme :) Vocal is my worst part, I struggled to find a decent and reliable singer in my local area, so I crack on with my vocal improvements by a constant practicing. However all the lyrics does match to my lifestyle, I sing what I know about. The whole process may take anything from 9 hours and onwards.

I hope it answers your question? If not please let me know, I do appreciate a lot that you asked me such a question. Thank you for that.

Best Regards,
Slava B.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 10:27:49 AM »
Dear Slava

Thanks for your considered response. I can feel your passion for making music in your words, I respect what you are doing in the English language, it aint easy to do it in another langauge (it's hard enough if English IS ones mother tongue).

You have a good collection of equipment at you disposal, you voice isn't bad at all, it suits some genres better than others, you just have to experiment.

Super that your so motivated Mr B.

cpm