konalavadome

Murder in Paradise

• 23 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 05:45:36 AM »
What a great surprise....loved this. Great song about the times we live in!!!!
Love the writing and simple production....has that punkish edge while being able to understand the words.
Bright and brittle......a crunching tune that I appreciate!!
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 06:50:28 PM »
Love the guitar. Great rhythm. Very ominous vocals and lyrics. Interesting story. I found myself longing for a South American sound to connect me to the place more. I am not sure what, maybe a Spanish guitar, or some kind of percussion, just a thread that would run through it, I think. But really well done as it is.

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 08:07:07 AM »
Excellent song Bill. The sound is (nearly) right up my street. I can also hear Talking Heads (which is great) but I really wanted to hear Dead Kennedy's (which would have blown me away) as it is it's a great rock song well produced. Your vocal delivery is a little clean and restrained alongside the great guitars and drums. Have a listen to Holiday in Cambodia for comparison. If you ever do this live give it some welly!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2018, 08:22:35 AM »
This is a fab listen Bill. Digging that opening riff, it's pretty infectious. Your vocal style on this one is reminiscent of David Byrne. The lyrics are interesting and keep your attention throughout.  Great playing and production.  Really liked it.

refusedrevival

• Solo Gig
    • Refused Revival
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 05:51:41 PM »
Hi,

Great intro! There could be some variation in the verses ... and the song could be one chorus shorter.
Nothing else I want to criticise, well played and good production.

I enjoyed to listen the song, Good stuff!

refusedrevival

Mike67

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 07:40:03 AM »
Love the guitars and the chords givevitca murder/mystery feel; and fed get the Talking Heads vibe, which I loved. Agree with Adam on the vocal scamming/phrasing, which could have been neater in places. A small not on a great song, well performed and we'll mixed.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2018, 08:32:58 PM »
A good listen.

Liked the guitars and the vocal delivery.

Was not expecting that ending.

The song has a real 80s feel.

Sandeep

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 09:56:50 PM »
Thank you all for taking the time to listen and comment on my song - I really appreciate it. The comparisons with David Byrne /Talking Heads and the general post-punk/new wave thing is very interesting as it is not really the sort of music I am consciously influenced by, or listen to, although I did kind of aim for that on this song. @adamfarr - I appreciate what you are saying about the the way the words fit the music - in this case it is an entirely deliberate ploy to attempt to make it more interesting and memorable!

Cheers all.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 01:29:42 AM »
Late to this party but I'm glad I came  ;D
Solid rocker here - good lyrics - and your voice sounds a bit Jethro Tull which me liketh muchly.
Timing is a bit off in places but just adds to a live sound we don't get enough of.

Good work  ;D ;D
Paul