Coyote - Collab. with Donna Devine

• 24 Replies

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 08:07:23 PM »
Guys, I am late to the party too,

Great track, love the walking bassline. Ha I love all this Roy O stuff, I get the oasis stuff all the time....

Seriously tho, nice track nice arrangement. some fancy vocal and guitars parts too. Always good Piano parts from paul.

Good work

Andy
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:32:42 PM by Cawproductions »

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2018, 08:51:03 PM »
Great track.

Agree with some of the others that this has a real cinematic sound.

Can see this in a Western or Tarantino movie.

Love those guitars and vocals, excellent production.

Good listen.

Sandeep

Katie Wilson

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2018, 08:50:34 AM »
Oh yes got a real western feel about it -  makes me smile - interesting subject - nice and different sound - voice is great and I love all the other little bits .

Yes spaghetti western as someone said

Liked it xxx

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2018, 04:45:19 PM »
Cheers all for listening and commenting  ;D ;D

@PaulyX - thank you kind sir - now to find the movie.

@redrhodie  - cheers - Donna does it up well when it comes to painting a lyrical picture foh shuh  ;D

@PaulAds  - haha thanks Paul. Yeah it's only half me I guess. Can't be great all the time, heck I can't even be good part of the time  ;D Cheers for being honest!

@Ashes for Dreams cheers my man - too much verb? no waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy. Of course you're right, damn you Johan  ;D.

@Cawproductions Thanks Andy - not the first to mention Roy O - must be channelling him at times  ;D Glad you liked the piano.

@Movin Flavour - much appreciated Sandeep!  ;D

@Katie Wilson - cheers Katie. Pass the spaghetti please  ;D

Thanks again to all and to Donna for the lyrics.

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2018, 10:10:53 PM »
Hi Paulski. Good to hear another song from you. Like Paul Ads I had to listen to this twice to try and make sense of it. It's very impressive on lots of levels, particularly the vocals and backing vox. My challenge listening to it, is that it doesn't quite hang together for me, compared to almost all the rest of your output. It feels part country, part 60s, part choral and whilst there are catchy elements, it's ultimately not as memorable as you are known for.

The other problem you have is that Joni Mitchell also wrote a song Called Coyote, and pretty much nailed that title forever.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 01:33:18 PM »
Hey Paulski - listened a few times and didn't comment as there's something about this that I'm just not sure about! (Perhaps British people shouldn't be allowed to comment on Western style music ... same goes for Salsa...)

I can't work it out exactly but think it might be a touch too fast for the lyric? Does it slow down about 2'27"? That felt better somehow.

After the intro, I found the 1-2-3-4 bass part also a bit too simple for my taste - I'd sometimes like something a little more spicy. Sorry for that...

The song's good though - really simple and hooky chorus, nice variations all through, and takes us to a great cinematic place...

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 05:15:25 PM »
Hi Paul,

I was pretty sure I was going to like this before it started and I wasn't wrong. The piano figure is genius - and when you incorporate it into the acoustic guitar it's magic. The lyrics are top notch as is the production and delivery. No nits at all.

M

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2018, 07:03:55 AM »
Hey there Paul.......I think your musical treatment to the lyric is awesome.  The piano is hauntingly inauspicious.
I like the lyric, even with it being unauthentic and predictable.......it fit perfectly with the fluidity and zest of the music.
A great collab., when all is said and done; but, my hat is tipped to your musical ingenuity, on this one!!!!
                                                                                                                  8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

GinaEllen

• Busker
  • Session Singer
    • Online Session Singer
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2018, 02:44:33 PM »
In terms of arrangement and lyrics I think it's great, I do think it could be really enhanced by a bigger drum sound and general production over-hall, personally I'm not keen on the triplet hi- hats or the fade out but like you say, you're still working on the mix, great song though, love the BV's too
Professional session singer for hire online.
Website ... Online Session Singer
Soundcloud
Facebook
Instagram
Spotify

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 09:56:22 PM »
Sorry for the late bump guys - but missed some thank-you's so I hope you'll forgive me:

@mickyplankton Thanks for the honest comments Micky. Guess I knew this wouldn't work for everyone. I guess Joni Mitchell shouldn't be worried about competition  ;D ;D

@adamfarr Cheers Adam. Not sure it's too fast but maybe feels a bit rushed in places? - I didn't have the same time to practice I normally take so I'm to blame if it is  ;D Glad you found some redeeming elements  ;D

@montydog Cheers Alan - great to hear that from you. Glad you liked the piano line - just came from messing around  ;D

@IronKnee Thanks Tom - I always find it a challenge to write to someone else's lyrics so I'm glad you felt things fit OK. Yes - hauntingly inauspicious - that's what I was going for!   ;D ;D

@GinaEllen Cheers for that. I'm still learning on the drumming/production stuff so appreciate the comments there.

Thanks all for listening and taking the time to comment.  ;D ;D
Paul