All The Things You Love

• 22 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 10:15:21 AM »
Love how this retains a distinctive PaulAds guitar sound and a bit of industrial percussion - so not totally electronic at all... Great tempo, has a bit of a "Missing" flavour in the vibe. I think it's important to work with different sounds and feels, it all contributes in the end to other things we produce.

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 12:40:50 PM »
Nice, really nice. Lyrics are a obviously limited but the hormonic movement maintains the interest throughout.
The vocal sample breaks it up nicely in the middle. It all hangs together perfectly.
Comes across a little like early Tears for Fears.

I miss your sharp lyrics of course, but this really works.

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 01:03:46 PM »
How could you deviate from the tried n tested? Lol.

No, I like it when an artist remains playful.

It's great when the wife likes it, that's half the battle won. Lol.
(If you knew the strife I've had to endure you might appreciate my humour.)

This track is fun, like an unfinished, good idea.
 Sounds like a sketch to me.
I think you should process your ideas and build on them.
It's ok the way it is but there's potential to explore too

Always good to hear something from you Paul.
I hope you don't mind me being a bit critical. I think you can take it.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 03:52:29 PM »
Hi Paul

The sound of this reminds me of 'We Are Legion' a little. The synth is an interesting addition to your sound and works very well. Although there's only one line it's a great line, why not repeat it!

I've really enjoyed listening to this. I think you should experiment more with this sound, it certainly is unique and take things in another direction. I've not heard much like it before but certainly would want to hear more!!

Thanks

Darren

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 07:42:47 PM »
Thanks, everyone!

It was thrown together over 48 hours as I was trying the get my 14 songs together for FAWM...so I’m tickled that it went down ok.

It’s funny because I wasn’t sure where to sing the main line...and toyed with putting it here, there and everywhere...and that’s where I got the idea for re-using it all over the place.

It could definitely benefit from a proper re-think...as some of the great feedback suggests...so I’ll take that on-board for future adventures...cheers!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 06:17:59 AM »
Sounds cool Paul...but agree it's a sketch more than a whole song maybe. In fact maybe it's just a hook line.

I think you can start like you do with a longish intro then bringing the hook in....then the song proper could kick in at 1.05ish...just a simple few lines to get back into the hook from....maybe just a couple of these short verses with the hook in between then back into the hook with the female samples over then keep going...then either a breakdown or a solo or keychange bridge...then back with the hook again ad infinitum to finish (or not!)

Like Adam I still heard the PaulAds touch...that second chord in particular struck me as one of yours....silly I know....just a chord.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Mike67

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2018, 07:28:01 AM »
Really enjoyed this. Wasn't sure it would hold my attention, butvtge change in the middle made it work perfectly. Very catchy indeed.

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2018, 08:14:18 PM »
Hi Paul,

What a great track, not usually my style but I enjoyed it a lot, I like the way it keeps changing which keeps it interesting and the middle section was great, great energy throughout the song.

Nice job mate, cheers, Mikey